Why is Alex Jones Suddenly the Poster Child

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Piers Morgan and Guests Discuss Shooting Alex Jones

Daily Beast writer Buzz Bissinger says Piers Morgan should “pop” Alex Jones with a semi-automatic weapon.

CNN and the gun grabbing media are now calling for Alex Jones to be shot the day after his heated appearance with Piers Morgan.
In a segment on Piers Morgan’s CNN program, sports columnist for the Daily Beast, Buzz Bissinger, shockingly states:

“I don’t care what the justification is that you’re allowed in this country to own a semi-automatic weapon – much less a handgun. But what do you need a semi-automatic weapon for? The only reason I think you’d need it is, Piers, challenge Alex Jones to a boxing match, show up with a semi-automatic that you got legally and pop him.”

Abby Huntsman (Huffington Post) : “I’d love to see that… [laughter] in uniform.”
Piers Morgan: “I’ll borrow my brothers uniform.”

PsyOps

Pixelated
for the Left in discussing Gun Owners ........ ?

:tap:

Because he epitomizes everything the left claims the redneck, bible-thumping, constitution throwing, gun toting rightwing is all about.

bcp

In My Opinion
You know, Ive been thinking about this gun thing, and for the life of me, I have a hard time understanding why the right is so against more gun regulation, and the left is so much for it.
I mean, left or right, dont we really all want to be safe? I would think.

Is it because the left wants to overthrow the constitution, and the right wants to protect it?
It seems to me that the left is just as interested in the constitution as the right, look how often they point to it to show how something cant be done, or why it should be done,,, based on that constitution.

So, I started thinking, and Somewhere along the line my mind drifted, not uncommon, and I thought, you know, when a husband is cheating, he tends to start thinking that his wife is also cheating, If he is thinking about cheating, he starts to think that his wife is cheating, or flirting etc...
and often, if you have someone that drinks, their assumption is that everyone drinks.
People will look to others to admit to the same actions or thoughts in some attempt the justify the way they feel.

It then struck me.
Those on the left are in fact generally those that think they have a right to what others have worked for. And, they dont understand the people that want to keep what they worked for.

When it comes to guns, or gun crimes more directly, if we look at those that are committing these crimes, we see that generally speaking (not always) it is someone that would more identify with the left, than the right. Most of the crimes are by those that are most likely to be on welfare, or drug users.

So when we look at the examples of cheating for instance (non party affiliated even though the right claims to be morally superior) we can in a way place the gun debate in the same folder.

I think that whatever it is that causes the liberal to be a liberal in the first place (perhaps some sort of brain damage) also causes them to think about using a gun against another human that has done nothing wrong.
To justify their fear of, not guns, but themselves, they assume that everyone feels the same way. Including those on the right, legal gun owners, law abiding citizens.

This causes me to think that maybe, just maybe the liberals are not so wrong when they suggest taking guns away, its just that they are wrong when they think that everyone needs to be policed. The biggest threat from guns is when they end up in the hands of a liberal.

They fear guns because in reality, they fear their own inability to act in a responsible manner.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmm, playing off of that, maybe the idea that I should have, for nothing, the things another worked for, is the basic concept a criminal works from?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
for the Left in discussing Gun Owners ........ ?

Who else is it going to be? The GOP, ostensibly the pro second amendment party, is virtually silent on the issue. Boehner, McConnell, Ryan, Cantor, Prebius.

There is a vacuum on the subject coming from national level GOP'ers who all have, as a matter of sincere principle, along with deep, soul searching thought, whetted their fingers, stuck them to the winds to find out what they, again as bedrock principle, believe and think on the subject.

So, Jones, Nugent, any and all the folks who matter least on the subject end up being the ones on TV because there is NO national level leadership on this.

somdwatch

So in effect

They are protecting themselves from themselves!

Or

Making the rest of us fear them because they wouldn't care about breaking the law, as it's below them!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, Jones, Nugent, any and all the folks who matter least on the subject end up being the ones on TV because there is NO national level leadership on this.

is just because one or two are willing to speak, they become spokesmen for all of us - does this work with the Klan ..... as well, I am pretty sure they do NOT Speak for all White People .........

from the discussion I listened to on Hannity on Tues. or Wed. ? - Progressives, News Media, and bloggers are Trotting out AJ as the Poster Child for ALL Gun Owners, Emotional, Conspiracy Theorists, 911 Truthers ..... we want to cling to our Bibles and Automatic Weapons .... we want children to be gunned down in School ...

Sparx

I believe the only reason he was even on the Piers Morgan show was because he started the petition to have Morgan deported.

Baz

This. ------------------>
From what little I've heard from Alex Jones, it seems he would get along perfectly with some of the Wingnuttian :dork:s that regularly post here. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
is just because one or two are willing to speak, they become spokesmen for all of us - does this work with the Klan ..... as well, I am pretty sure they do NOT Speak for all White People .........

from the discussion I listened to on Hannity on Tues. or Wed. ? - Progressives, News Media, and bloggers are Trotting out AJ as the Poster Child for ALL Gun Owners, Emotional, Conspiracy Theorists, 911 Truthers ..... we want to cling to our Bibles and Automatic Weapons .... we want children to be gunned down in School ...

And where is the national leadership of the GOP? All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men, and women, do nothing.

Make no mistake; taking away the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms, was, is and always will be...evil.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It could be entertaining for the first few minutes or so.

With the right producer, it could be fantastic.

Nowhere else do we have impassioned, intelligent argument between differing view points. We just don't have it anymore. I don't agree with much of either one of them but, they both are intelligent and can make an argument for their view.

Hmm...Actually, I have never really heard Keef make a point. All he really ever does is fling poo, indignantly. Which is a hoot. Most monkey's seem to realize they are flinging poo and think the whole thing is funny. Keef just doesn't seem to get himself. Which makes him dumber than a poo flinging monkey. So...

Never mind.

thatguy

Nowhere else do we have impassioned, intelligent argument between differing view points. We just don't have it anymore. I don't agree with much of either one of them but, they both are intelligent and can make an argument for their view.

Hmm...Actually, I have never really heard Keef make a point. All he really ever does is fling poo, indignantly. Which is a hoot. Most monkey's seem to realize they are flinging poo and think the whole thing is funny. Keef just doesn't seem to get himself. Which makes him dumber than a poo flinging monkey. So...

Never mind.

Mclaughlin group.....

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

Never mind.

Morning Joe.

The Cycle.

Hell, I'm surprised GURPS doesn't watch The Cycle every say since SE Cupp is on it. :shrug:

Olbermann's a pompous ass - that's why he's been fired from MSNBC and CURRENT.