Obama taking control of the internet

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The Kenyan is wide open now.... ass hole
President Barack Obama signed an executive order last week that could give the U.S. government control over the Internet.

With the wordy title "Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions," this order was designed to empower certain governmental agencies with control over telecommunications and the Web during natural disasters and security emergencies.
If This Doesn't Pique Your Interest, Then You've Officially Drank Too Much Kool-Aid. - Chicks on the Right

Chris0nllyn

There seems to be a lot of laws in place for when an "emergency" happens.

I wodner if those FEMA camps are nice....

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

The major emergency that will prompt THE WON to close down internet communications will be the phone call from the governor of Hawaii informing Obongo that "The real birth certificate has been taken!"

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Lurk said:

The major emergency that will prompt THE WON to close down internet communications will be the phone call from the governor of Hawaii informing Obongo that "The real birth certificate has been taken!"

:killingme

PsyOps

Pixelated
Certainly all sorts of conspiracies can be conjured up when we see this sort of thing, but watching the posts in this forum and reading peoples' concerns elsewhere really exposes the fear people have in this president’s intentions.

These next 4 years are going to be very interesting. And I hope Americans are not sleeping.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The delusions of the far right :dork:s on this board are a never-ending source of amusement.

Yeah, because we know you freaks on the left never gave it a second thought when Bush was president (i.e. The Patriot Act). :bigwhoop:

Chris0nllyn

These next 4 years are going to be very interesting. And I hope Americans are not sleeping.

Judging by some of the facebook posts I see, and some of the comments by people on Youtube, as well as "certain" radio stations....

I have no doubt that Americans are just as dumb as the rest of the world thinks we are.

America, as a whole will not wake up until something major is taken form them.

tommyjo

The Kenyan is wide open now.... ass hole

I see the contest for 2013's Moron of the Year is now underway.

I'd suggest you peel off the tin foil off your head and read the actual order.

But, you won't do that as you then wouldn't feel justified to post such an idiotic article or make such idiotic commentary...and if you can't post idiotic commentary you can never win the title!

Or better yet!! Let's have another national/local disaster or terror attack where the public needs information but can't get it (a problem after the La Plata tornado) and first responders can't communicate with one another (a major problem during 9/11)!

Is that what you are advocating? Yes, I guess it would be...because then you could complain that Mr. Obama didn't do anything to protect the communication networks!

mAlice

professional daydreamer

But, you won't do that as you then wouldn't feel justified to post such an idiotic article or make such idiotic commentary...and if you can't post idiotic commentary you can never win the title!

Or better yet!! Let's have another national/local disaster or terror attack where the public needs information but can't get it (a problem after the La Plata tornado) and first responders can't communicate with one another (a major problem during 9/11)!

Is that what you are advocating? Yes, I guess it would be...because then you could complain that Mr. Obama didn't do anything to protect the communication networks!

I've read a lot of EO's recently. New, and old. A lot about how, why, and what they can take from you, including your food.

Chris0nllyn

What about the National Emergency Alert System?

You know, the system that's been in place since 1963, and has yet to work right.

Did Emergency Alert System play Lady Gaga? - US news - Security | NBC News

National Emergency Alert Test: Total Failure? - ABC News

PsyOps

Pixelated

You’re not the least bit concerned about the government having the ability to seize control of an entire private enterprise? You really trust the government to have this much power? Would you be okay if this was Bush doing such a thing? Because, I assure you, in a manner of speaking he did, and the left was outraged. Now the left is just okie dokie with it.

Odd!

Maybe not odd. Maybe typically hypocritical.

Chris0nllyn

You’re not the least bit concerned about the government having the ability to seize control of an entire private enterprise? You really trust the government to have this much power? Would you be okay if this was Bush doing such a thing? Because, I assure you, in a manner of speaking he did, and the left was outraged. Now the left is just okie dokie with it.

Odd!

Remember when Clinton wanted armed guards in schools after Columbine.

Now that the NRa proposes the same thing, the left is outraged.....

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Oh moron of the year is well underway and you're leading.

Did you bother to read what I posted? No.
Did you post anything to refute what I posted? No.
Do you have a clue what you're talking about? No.

Since I tend to sometimes feel sorry for those of a lower IQ, I'll help you.

Section 5.2 of this executive order has thinking people reaaaaaally scratching their heads. Section 5.2 is a "lengthy part outlining how telecommunications and the Internet are controlled. It states that the Secretary of Homeland Security will 'oversee the development, testing, implementation, and sustainment' of national security and emergency preparedness measures on all systems, including private "non-military communications networks."

Did you get that? You know, the whole "PRIVATE, non-military communications networks" part?

This basically gives Dear Leader the "on/off switch to the Web."

I'll let you just sit there and ponder that for a second.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The delusions of the far right :dork:s on this board are a never-ending source of amusement.
You're in second and laynpipe is in 3rd for moron of the year. Post more often and you may over take Tommyjo.