Unemployment Rate (BLS estimate, Oct 2012) 6.7%

Cost to Marylanders
$1.7 billion a year spent on illegal immigration
 $1.37 billion a year to educate the children of illegal aliens
 $231 million a year on unreimbursed health care for illegal aliens
 $177 million a year on criminal justice activities for illegal aliens
 $47.5 million a year on welfare for illegal aliens
 $910 annual cost to each of Maryland’s native-born headed households

Cost of Illegal Immigration at the State Level | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Really? What Social Security number do their file their taxes under?

You aren't required to have a Social Security number to file federal taxes, you're required to have one of a number of acceptable kinds of identification numbers. One such kind is an Individual Tax Identification number, which even those who aren't authorized to work here can get.

The tax man wants his moneys.... :lol:

You aren't required to have a Social Security number to file federal taxes, you're required to have one of a number of acceptable kinds of identification numbers. One such kind is an Individual Tax Identification number, which even those who aren't authorized to work here can get.

The tax man wants his moneys.... :lol:

Sorry, but you are required to have a taxpayer ID ( SS#) If you receive W-2 wages you must also pay SS tax.This requires a number. Check your W-4 form that you fill out to be lawfully employed.

Sorry, but you are required to have a taxpayer ID ( SS#) If you receive W-2 wages you must also pay SS tax.This requires a number. Check your W-4 form that you fill out to be lawfully employed.

SamSpade didn't ask what number someone might use on a W-2, he asked what number they might file their taxes under. Rather than pointing out the obvious answer (using a fraudulent / someone else's Social Security number), I mentioned another possibility (that many seem unaware of and that I myself was unaware of not too long ago) - using an ITIN. People can acquire an ITIN regardless of their immigration status as they are generally legally required to pay taxes regardless of their immigration status.

I'd also note that not everyone that files or pays taxes, or that is legally employed, gets a W-2. I've been filing and paying taxes for quite a while, but I couldn't tell you the last time I received a W-2.

abcxyz

Bright idea- let's give them in-state tuition in exchange for them paying taxes. The tuition breaks they get will never be offset by the amount of taxes they will pay.

bcp

In My Opinion
Bright idea- let's give them in-state tuition in exchange for them paying taxes. The tuition breaks they get will never be offset by the amount of taxes they will pay.

Its not for them paying taxes, its for them filing a return.
big difference.