I predicted it...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I expect more of this. I'm thinking now folks might not store them in a safe so they'll be more readily available to thwart these crooks. Of course this could make them easier to steal.

There is absolutely nothing good to come out of this newspaper releasing this very private information.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Has anyone seen the list, have a link to it?

If you have a link, please don't post it, but pm to me. I wanna' see if we're on it. We probably are, but I'd like to see it.

Last edited:

SamSpade

i hate misleading headlines.....

Wow. You'd think I never bothered to actually READ the article? Who do you think I am - nhboy?

Yes - I know. However, it is rather strange that they knew to go straight for the gun safe. How would they know?

Police need *proof*. It's not enough that it certainly makes sense, unlike liberals and gun-control laws, where even evidence isn't enough to combat the emotional argument.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

SamSpade said:

Wow. You'd think I never bothered to actually READ the article? Who do you think I am - nhboy?

Yes - I know. However, it is rather strange that they knew to go straight for the gun safe. How would they know?

Police need *proof*. It's not enough that it certainly makes sense, unlike liberals and gun-control laws, where even evidence isn't enough to combat the emotional argument.

The article didn't say that they went straight for the gun safe either.....

There is no causation only correlation. The headline was intellectually dishonest.

Salvador

One Nation Under God

You didn't read the article.

Chris0nllyn

Wirelessly posted

There is no causation only correlation. The headline was intellectually dishonest.

Where did it say they stole anything else?

I'll help...it didn't.

It ONLY said the safe was attempted to be opened.

Whcih would lead most, logical, people to think that the only thing they went for was the gun safe.

A White Plains residence pinpointed on a controversial handgun permit database was burglarized Saturday, and the burglars' target was the homeowner's gun safe.

At least two burglars broke into a home on Davis Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Saturday but were unsuccessful in an attempt to open the safe, which contained legally owned weapons, according to a law enforcement source. One suspect was taken into custody, the source said.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Chris0nllyn said:
Wirelessly posted

Where did it say they stole anything else?

I'll help...it didn't.

It ONLY said the safe was attempted to be opened.

Whcih would lead most, logical, people to think that the only thing they went for was the gun safe.

A White Plains residence pinpointed on a controversial handgun permit database was burglarized Saturday, and the burglars' target was the homeowner's gun safe.

At least two burglars broke into a home on Davis Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Saturday but were unsuccessful in an attempt to open the safe, which contained legally owned weapons, according to a law enforcement source. One suspect was taken into custody, the source said.

Where does that article state that nothing else was stolen? Where does it say that the criminals knew there was a safe? Where does it say they knew there were guns in the house?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Act II

Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say

Two handguns and two pistol permits were stolen from the New City home of a man whose name and address are listed on the website of a local newspaper as possessing gun permits, police said.

The thieves ransacked the house Wednesday night, breaking into two safes on the home's third floor and stealing a third safe. The guns were in the stolen safe, police said.

Clarkstown police said they had no evidence the burglary was connected to the controversial map.

"The burglary is still under investigation, and there are no facts to support this correlation at this time," Clarkstown Sgt. Joanne Fratianni said in a statement. "If the investigation develops further information, it will be released accordingly."

Interesting Coincidence

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

MMDad said:

From the king of misinformation himself. What a maroon.

Let me help you with something moron
"The burglary is still under investigation, and there are no facts to support this correlation at this time," Clarkstown Sgt. Joanne Fratianni said in a statement. "If the investigation develops further information, it will be released accordingly."