Obama code phrases for "Do it my way"

glhs837

Power with Control
Watching his press conference, and I'm struck by the amazing variety of ways he has to say "Do it my my, there is no other way"

SamSpade

It's akin to the Democratic whine that they can't get anything done because they don't have a filibuster-proof Senate.

Because as we all know, that's the only way things got done for the past 200 years.

I actually heard this from a liberal friend online - who claimed the Senate's failure to pass a budget was due to a lack of a filibuster-proof Senate.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Watching his press conference, and I'm struck by the amazing variety of ways he has to say "Do it my my, there is no other way"

You gotta admire it. If he was a GOP'er, we'd all be cheering.

"I am all about getting things done for the American people, growing, responsible, sound decisions, no politics, and, as long as those dicks in the House are willing to stop being THE problem, all will be well..."

It was striking how he started with his umpteen trillion in spending cuts he signed into law and THEN right into "And we need to raise the debt limit..."

Amazing!!! "I've cut a BUNCH of spending and we need to borrow more to pay for it all..."

Never even flinched.

:lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control
Not sure if I would be cheering Larry, cant recall such a performance from the other side of the aisle. Any way of thinking besides agreement with him is stupidity, and any course of action besides exactly what he wants selfish obstructionism. No middle ground, no room to move, and he can have these conversations all day. In the end, he will use his media bullwhip to flay the flesh from your back, and you WILL by GOD agree.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not sure if I would be cheering Larry, cant recall such a performance from the other side of the aisle. Any way of thinking besides agreement with him is stupidity, and any course of action besides exactly what he wants selfish obstructionism. No middle ground, no room to move, and he can have these conversations all day. In the end, he will use his media bullwhip to flay the flesh from your back, and you WILL by GOD agree.

Oh , I hear you. I am speaking simply objectively in terms of performance, not on the value of what he is saying. And, on that same issue, there he sits, as vulnerable as can be and his only real opposition is right wing radio. There is no one on the national scene who can even keep up with him, let alone best him and that's sad because, on the issues, their impact the benefit or harm to the nation, he is simply awful; "I cut a bunch of spending and there will be no negotiations on borrowing the money to pay for it..." It's like, does he even hear this non sense? Does he have a clue how, well, dumb he sounds?

MarieB

I heard that Garrett gave him a good case of Tourette's.

I've only read partial transcript at this point

PsyOps

Pixelated
You gotta admire it. If he was a GOP'er, we'd all be cheering.

"I am all about getting things done for the American people, growing, responsible, sound decisions, no politics, and, as long as those dicks in the House are willing to stop being THE problem, all will be well..."

It was striking how he started with his umpteen trillion in spending cuts he signed into law and THEN right into "And we need to raise the debt limit..."

Amazing!!! "I've cut a BUNCH of spending and we need to borrow more to pay for it all..."

Never even flinched.

:lmao:

Well, we certainly know Bush didn't have any problems getting along with democrats on spending. :ohwell:

BernieP

Resident PIA
It's akin to the Democratic whine that they can't get anything done because they don't have a filibuster-proof Senate.

Because as we all know, that's the only way things got done for the past 200 years.

I actually heard this from a liberal friend online - who claimed the Senate's failure to pass a budget was due to a lack of a filibuster-proof Senate.

Harry (the crook) Reid has refused to bring bills to the floor, he wants to set the senate rules as follows:
1. he alone decides what comes to the floor for a vote
2. no riders or amendments to a bill that he has not approved
3. ability to shut down / bypass a filibuster.

Basically what he has told the senate is minority opinion does not count.
For over 200 years the Senate had worked within the rules that he now has decided need to be changed.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Oh , I hear you. I am speaking simply objectively in terms of performance, not on the value of what he is saying. And, on that same issue, there he sits, as vulnerable as can be and his only real opposition is right wing radio. There is no one on the national scene who can even keep up with him, let alone best him and that's sad because, on the issues, their impact the benefit or harm to the nation, he is simply awful; "I cut a bunch of spending and there will be no negotiations on borrowing the money to pay for it..." It's like, does he even hear this non sense? Does he have a clue how, well, dumb he sounds?

Yesterday was the first time I've heard the so-called media even challenge Obama. Sad it took so long.

I agree with you that his performance's in public speaking are well presented; but are all talking points, based on focus groups, that resonate with the public.

That's one of the reasons I don't listen to him anymore. I look at his actions, what he is really DOING?

IMHO he's nothing more than an extreme Narcissus. Nemesis saw his flaw and attracted Narcissus to a pool where he saw his own reflection in the water and fell in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the beauty of his reflection, Narcissus died. I just wonder who our modern Nemesis will be?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harry (the crook) Reid has refused to bring bills to the floor, he wants to set the senate rules as follows:
1. he alone decides what comes to the floor for a vote
2. no riders or amendments to a bill that he has not approved
3. ability to shut down / bypass a filibuster.

THEY Want to RUN The GOV. Their WAY ........ Without Outside Interference ....

SamSpade

It's like, does he even hear this non sense? Does he have a clue how, well, dumb he sounds?

I could barely find a sentence in that press conference that wasn't somehow a slap in the face of Republicans. I just don't recall previous Presidents - including Clinton - who were THAT combative.

When you're always insulting and fighting with the other kids on the playground, are you really surprised that no one wants to play with you?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When you're always insulting and fighting with the other kids on the playground, are you really surprised that no one wants to play with you?

Come on Sam this is 'Obama Knows Best' + Congressional Dems

Americans are Too SELFISH or Stupid to make the tough decisions, these people must save us, from ourselves .... if we would only give them the POWER They NEED to SAVE US

Hey Squirrel .... was that a dancing star I saw on TV :popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I could barely find a sentence in that press conference that wasn't somehow a slap in the face of Republicans. I just don't recall previous Presidents - including Clinton - who were THAT combative.

Clinton was not like that. He wasn't one to draw lines in the sand and frame issues with the singular "I, me, my". He was always talking issues, the why, the how, the details.

As for Obama, I do not think it he is remotely surprised that he meets resistance. I think he invites the battle on those narrow terms. Always refer back to the 'malignant narcissist' comments of Tammi Bruce about the guy.

He WANTS to be deferred to. He wants things his way because he won. He wants to give orders and expects them obeyed. I mean, look, he doesn't like politics, he doesn't like people. He likes HIS way, HIS people. Horrible personality to be a president. Perfect one for a king.
And, of course, it would be OK if he was doing a good job.

SamSpade

Clinton was not like that. He wasn't one to draw lines in the sand and frame issues with the singular "I, me, my". He was always talking issues, the why, the how, the details.

I don't recall Clinton referring to his opposition as "the enemy". I don't remember him insinuating that Republicans were glad to see kids shot in Colorado or blown up in Oklahoma City, or at least, unsympathetic.

Now, he could be immensely rude. The story I heard about the trip to Israel and Gingrich and the Rabin funeral, was that while on Air Force One, Gingrich wanted to talk to him during the shutdown and was told how inappropriate it was on such a solemn occasion - whereupon Clinton went right back to playing "Hearts" with the crew, mildly giggling. THAT sounded like vintage Clinton.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He WANTS to be deferred to.

He wants things his way because he won.

He wants to give orders and expects them obeyed.

I mean, look, he doesn't like politics, he doesn't like people.

He likes HIS way, HIS people. Horrible personality to be a president.

Perfect one for a king.

And, of course, it would be OK if he was doing a good job.

It is GOOD To Be The KING ...........

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is GOOD To Be The KING ...........

Bush called people 'unpatriotic'. That was his angle to get his way, shame. He made American's so insecure that, to this day, we feel the need to put on those stupid lapel pin flags; "I'm a patriot!"

Obama gives you the sense that he's just as soon line a few people up against a wall and 'send a message'. "This if for making me wear this stupid lapel pin."