Coyote

Radiant1

Soul Probe
That coyote looked like he was feeding himself well enough. If they like a combo of woods, wetlands and fields, then they should thrive well in Southern Maryland.

Question though, if they will take down a deer, does that mean they will take down livestock or pets?

sm8

I can not believe how upset some people seem over him shooting it in the comments. Maybe it does not bother me because where my hubbys family is from they have alot of them. When we are at our house down there I will not allow the kids out after dark because there are so many.

RPMDAD

Have seen one in Huntingtown. Could not get a picture. Not worried about them at all. Very small population currently i am sure

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
That coyote looked like he was feeding himself well enough. If they like a combo of woods, wetlands and fields, then they should thrive well in Southern Maryland.

Question though, if they will take down a deer, does that mean they will take down livestock or pets?

We have them here, I saw one running through my neighborhood with a broken leg. I know two people who have had issues, one woman had her small dog ripped out of her arms by one and another woman lost her cat when a coyote chewed through her screened porch. They are a pain, and they multiply like rabbits.

red_explorer

Already have

They've taken down several 4h herds in St Marys....And yes, they will go after any other animals. My bf in western NY has even had them attack his cows.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Posted the story on FB and my friend who lives in King George said her neighbor killed 2 last year. Both were over 50 lbs. I really didn't think coyotes got this big.

sm8

Our cousin lost a baby calf (4 months old I think) to coyotes, this was down at the southern most point of VA though.

Dukesdad

I saw a dead one in the road at the intersection of rt 4 and whatever the road is called that goes into BJs a month or so ago. No doubts here :howdy: