Downton Abbey

Beta84

They're out to get us
I didn't expect it either......I keep hoping by some chance that Matthew is still alive. What is going to happen next season??

Wow, spoiler alert? Would have been nice to put that in your post so people would know.

BTW -- I just checked and Matthew is definitely out of the show...the actor left on his own. I guess killing him off made the most sense. Sounds like the same thing happened to Sybil. I wonder why the actors keep leaving. :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Sybil and Matthew were 2 of my favorites. If Branson goes I will be hard pressed to continue watching.I love Maggie Smith, but I spend a lot of time wanting to slap the parents and Mary and now they're letting Rose come to the house....blech

Dedee

Wow, spoiler alert? Would have been nice to put that in your post so people would know.

BTW -- I just checked and Matthew is definitely out of the show...the actor left on his own. I guess killing him off made the most sense. Sounds like the same thing happened to Sybil. I wonder why the actors keep leaving. :shrug:

Sorry....I thought we were discussing the last episode of season 3...

Its still worth watching.

luvmygdaughters

:cds::bawl: I liked Matthew. What the hell is going to happen to the estate now? We know Robert cant run it, do you think it will be Sybils husband? I cant remember his name dammit!

Beta84

They're out to get us
:cds::bawl: I liked Matthew. What the hell is going to happen to the estate now? We know Robert cant run it, do you think it will be Sybils husband? I cant remember his name dammit!

Sybil's husband = Branson. It'll be a Robert/Branson tag team...Matthew set them up already so now they just have to run with it. Plus Robert woke up in the last episode and realizes he needs to keep with the times. And of course, now there's a new heir, so we don't need to relive season 1 (how cheesy would that have been?).

Speaking of which, shouldn't Mary's baby have been the heir anyway? How is the grandson not closer than the 15th cousin twice removed? :lol:

luvmygdaughters

Sybil's husband = Branson. It'll be a Robert/Branson tag team...Matthew set them up already so now they just have to run with it. Plus Robert woke up in the last episode and realizes he needs to keep with the times. And of course, now there's a new heir, so we don't need to relive season 1 (how cheesy would that have been?).

Speaking of which, shouldn't Mary's baby have been the heir anyway? How is the grandson not closer than the 15th cousin twice removed? :lol:

I would think so, but that was a different time and who the hell knows who's related to who. LOL