Reid, red-state Democrats may stop Obama's firearm

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reid, red-state Democrats may stop Obama's firearms initiative

Reid is under intense pressure from liberal Democrats to put an assault weapons ban up for a Senate vote. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., authored a proposal similar to Obama's plan that would renew and expand the expired 1994 assault weapons ban to include 120 types of guns. Feinstein's proposal also would bar the sale of high-capacity gun clips, bayonet mounts and flash suppressors.

Shortly after Obama's announced the most sweeping gun control initiative in a generation Wednesday, Senate Democrats began calling on Congress to take up the gun ban.

"We absolutely should move to ban assault weapons and prohibit high-capacity ammunition clips," said Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., a co-sponsor of the Feinstein measure.

Reid, however, suggested in recent days he is wary of taking up an assault weapons ban when it has virtually no chance of passing the GOP-controlled House.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Reid, however, suggested in recent days he is wary of taking up an assault weapons ban when it has virtually no chance of passing the GOP-controlled House.

... and he couldn't get elected dog catcher if he pushed a gun ban in Nevada

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I'm feeling good about it not passing myself. I think there are enough Dems who are gun friendly and they won't cut their own throats. Plus I'd LOVE to see the imposter's face when he's........................shot down so to speak. :whistle: