Chris Christie slams NRA’s Obama daughters ad

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The ad wasn't faulting Obamas' daughters at all. Christy is slowly losing his right wing appeal. He should join Ahhnold in his movie career soon. I hope to see more NRA commercials like that one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is noteworthy that in all the links on this as well as the TV, they only mention the NRA ad. They neither link to it nor show it.

Wonder why. Why would that be?

The Washington Post, Susan Eisenhower, calls this 'diabolical' ;

She says;

We had Secret Service protection because we were seen as potential targets.

What in the flying ####ing hell does she think Adam Lanza thought the kids at Sandy Hook were??????

:tap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Washington Post, Susan Eisenhower, calls this 'diabolical' ;

This is what I'm talking about when I argue with you. Susan Eisenhower doesn't have to back up her assertions; all she has to do is throw the red meat out there and the wolves will do the rest. They WANT to believe - that is already in place. Now the talk talkers just need to toss them a soundbite every so often and give them something to believe in.

Sparx

only a moron would think that the ad is targeting the Obama girls.

Hey! That's you!

Good job, moron!

:buddies:

I don't agree with gun control either. But, how can anyone say this doesn't target them? "The President's Kids", then they go on to name Obama and call him a hypocrite.

terbear1225

I don't agree with gun control either. But, how can anyone say this doesn't target them? "The President's Kids", then they go on to name Obama and call him a hypocrite.

how does stating that the president's kids have armed guards "target" them? If anything, it points out that his kids are LESS of a target because they are actually protected.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You just made two of my morning's points in one post. I thank you for your support.

Sparx, what do you mean when you say "target" them? Make them a target for violence? Insult them? Mention their name? What are we talking about here?

Sparx

You just made two of my morning's points in one post. I thank you for your support.

Sparx, what do you mean when you say "target" them? Make them a target for violence? Insult them? Mention their name? What are we talking about here?

I used the word target from quoting BOP's post.
We only have one President and he has two children. Does anyone really think the ad is talking about some other president? When there is no other possibility of who is being talked about they are targeted no matter the reason or context.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used the word target from quoting BOP's post.
We only have one President and he has two children. Does anyone really think the ad is talking about some other president? When there is no other possibility of who is being talked about they are targeted no matter the reason or context.

Let me try again:

What do you mean by "target"? Choose a definition:

tar·get

noun
1. an object, usually marked with concentric circles, to be aimed at in shooting practice or contests.
2. any object used for this purpose.
3. anything fired at.
4. a goal to be reached.
5. an object of abuse, scorn, derision, etc.; butt.

Toxick

Splat
When there is no other possibility of who is being talked about they are targeted no matter the reason or context.

Talking about them is not "targetting" them. The commercial indicates that these children are afforded certain protections. Protections that various politicians and opportunists are trying to deny to my children, by virtue of my lowly status as a mere commoner/peasant. To say that the Obama girls are being "targetted" is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to emotion without any intellectual integrity whatsoever.

Nobody is holding those children up to ridicule. Nobody wants to deny them the protection they're entitled to. People are merely asking, "Hey, why can't I protect my kids the same way those kids are protected". That's not an unreasonable question by my reckoning.

Now, if you want to read about politicians' whose children actually became "targets", try googling Sarah Palin.

Sparx

Let me try again:

What do you mean by "target"? Choose a definition:

tar·get

noun
1. an object, usually marked with concentric circles, to be aimed at in shooting practice or contests.
2. any object used for this purpose.
3. anything fired at.
4. a goal to be reached.
5. an object of abuse, scorn, derision, etc.; butt.

None of the above. As I stated, I was quoting BOP. I would not have chosen the word "target". I would have said something like: "exploited" or "used the President's children" or "made an example of". Ask BOP what HE meant. Obama is the target in this ad. With that said, I will pick 4 & 5 from your list of definitions with the President as the target.

Sparx

WOW, I bet the NSA computers are burning up with all the chatter about targets, President's and children flying around the world today.

Sparx

Talking about them is not "targetting" them. The commercial indicates that these children are afforded certain protections. Protections that various politicians and opportunists are trying to deny to my children, by virtue of my lowly status as a mere commoner/peasant. To say that the Obama girls are being "targetted" is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to emotion without any intellectual integrity whatsoever.

Nobody is holding those children up to ridicule. Nobody wants to deny them the protection they're entitled to. People are merely asking, "Hey, why can't I protect my kids the same way those kids are protected". That's not an unreasonable question by my reckoning.

Now, if you want to read about politicians' whose children actually became "targets", try googling Sarah Palin.

Which of Vrai's definitions fits them? (Palin's children)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WOW, I bet the NSA computers are burning up with all the chatter about targets, President's and children flying around the world today.

I'll let you know if I see any black helicopters.

I would have said something like: "exploited" or "used the President's children" or "made an example of".
Okay, so you feel the NRA has exploited or used the President's children in order to make their point about school safety for all children. Is that correct?

PsyOps

Pixelated

And I say ‘so freaking what!” Obama had no problem exploiting children to promote his anti-gun agenda. Why is it okay to use kids to push an agenda to restrict/ban guns but not okay to use kids to defend our 2nd amendment rights?

Chris0nllyn

Let me make sure I get this right...

The NRA puts an ad out saying that the President's kids get protection. That's ok, but it's not ok for the average American to do the same.

Obama goes on TV and advocates gun control while having children stand around him.

One is right, but one is wrong?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let me make sure I get this right...

The NRA puts an ad out saying that the President's kids get protection. That's ok, but it's not ok for the average American to do the same.

Obama goes on TV and advocates gun control while having children stand around him.

One is right, but one is wrong?

It’s about Obama’s kids being off limits. The same people that thought it was hilarious when Maher and other leftist mouthpieces attacked Palin’s kids. :rolleyes:

Even though the real argument isn't really about his kids at all. No one is criticizing Obama’s kids for having protection; I’m glad they do. All we’re asking is (as you’re stating here) if it’s good enough for them, it should be good enough for our kids.