Chris Christie (D)...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...I am sooo done with this guy.

First, he doesn't exactly make it clear who who is supporting in the last election. Understandable. He, clearly, has aspirations for the WH so, can't blame him for not being overly enthusiastic about Mitt.

Second, he becomes the poster child for bleating dependency, save us, mommy, over Sandy and goes WAY over the top in loving up to the president. As well as his attacks on Congress to pay him. Now. Again, OK, I get it. He's not a Mitt fan. However, there is NO getting around the reality that, under pressure, the enormity of Sandy, his principles are 'help us! Our state is so dysfunctional, we need everyone else to pay for it!'

Now, he comes out against guns lambasting the NRA over using the Obama's kids to make the point about guns, safety, and our rights calling it reprehensible.

That's it. I actively oppose you now, Mr. Governor. Barack Obama is using 20 dead kids to push his agenda, an agenda the NRA is pointing out that has NOTHING to do with safety and everything to do with more government power, something we've now seen the good governor VERY much believes in. Barack Obama is surrounding himself with kids in his photo ops to push his agenda. Barack Obama is reading little Johnny and little Susies hand written letters pleading for him, the great won, to do something for the people, for the children, to push his agenda. I find that reprehensible. If the president has declared kids are political props, so be it. Don't ####ing cry about it when you make the rules and someone beats your ass with them.

If Barack Obama was focusing on the problem, that would be one thing. He is not. If his solutions would help, that would be one thing. They won't. In the mean time, the NRA is saying as fact that the ONLY thing that could have helped at Sandy hook is NOT the endless laws already on the books but, a good guy with a gun. Like the ones that protect, properly so, the children of the President of the United States of America. It is proper to ask why our kids aren't important enough to have at least some of that protection. It is proper to ask why our kids are not to have ANY of that protection.

Gov. Chris Christie has spent all his political capital, as afar as I am concerned, as well as his benefit of the doubt. This man is EXACTLY the type that got us into this mess; more government, more government and then some more government to help us with all the government we've got in the way.

Sorry for your luck, New Jersey. Your Governor will likely be running for president before long. I suggest he just change his political affiliation now, to reflect his positions, thereby helping GOP'ers to avoid making yet another mistake.

GOP'er; you see what Christie is about. Clearly. It's called history. Best not to forget it so as to not repeat it.

Chris Christie, (D)

:tap:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GOP'er; you see what Christie is about. Clearly. It's called history. Best not to forget it so as to not repeat it.

Larry, Larry, Larry ...

.... like Mass. Subjects living in NJ do not ELECT Conservatives to State Level public office .....

:buddies:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, Larry, Larry ...

.... like Mass. Subjects living in NJ do not ELECT Conservatives to State Level public office .....

:buddies:

:bs: Chris Christie won as a tough guy, someone who had the stones to tell the kiddies 'No' when there were no more cookies. We all saw it.

Now, he is calculating that by saying 'yes' he has a better chance to move up a step.

If he had so many problems because of Sandy, he should have grabbed his legislature, gone in session, closed the doors, had the problems laid out, what was in the way of help, how to cut red tape, loose or eliminate dumb rules long on the books that never mattered much until an emergency, and stomped on his people until they got major problems fixed, passed the necessary legislation and FIXED it, using the pressure and urgency of the moment to get all the extra government that was IN the way, OUT of the way. TARP was another moment like this but, that's another issue. Guns is like this, Obama and others are using the urgency to do the WRONG things; add MORE government when TOO MUCH government is THE problem.

Instead of being governor, instead of leading his legislature to LEGISLATE in the interest of his state, his sworn duty as I understand it, he goes and gives President Obama a little kiss on the hand and leans his head up against those strong shoulders to pout about how unfair life is and could he have some stuff?

I say "Boo!"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:bs: Chris Christie won as a tough guy, someone who had the stones to tell the kiddies 'No' when there were no more cookies. We all saw it.

I say "Boo!"

but really you are surprised at this ?

yeah sure, tough guy fine, NJ is owned by the UNIONS and the LEFT .....

..... sure once is a while in 25 yrs, they might elect someone tough on spending for a term or 2,

[there is some level of self preservation that exists - RE Clinton and Welfare reform ... ]

but as soon as the economy picks back up, CC will be out on his ass wondering what happened, didn't everyone love me

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don't think Christie won as a tough guy, unless he has mob connections that haven't come to light yet. And remember that this is the state that elected Gay American and Truck Stop Fellator Jim McGreevey to govern them.

When you add in "it's the law" and "you don't *have* to smoke", I find it unlikely that Jerseyites elected Christie because they admired his conservative agenda. When you look at the fact that 1 in 5 New Jersey adults are functionally illiterate, my guess would be that they mistook the R for a D on their ballot.

laynpipe

Christie is just another example of right wing hypocrisy. Blast the programs until they need it. See it all the time......

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Christie is just another example of right wing hypocrisy. Blast the programs until they need it. See it all the time......

Christie (D) is just another example of left wing hypocrisy. Fund useless programs with borrowed money from China. We'll find a need for those useless programs later. See it all the time....

When we'll see a real budget, Harry??????

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

What if it's that left wing thing the Dems do when they pretend to be a conservative or a moderate (sometimes even a Republican), yet rally around every liberal agenda item they can and kowtow to every Democrat who winks at them?

See it all the time...

Regardless, it's always interesting how Democrat thieves want to steal our money against our will, yet get all indignant and call it hypocrisy when we ask for some of it back.

Toxick

Splat
...I am sooo done with this guy.

First, he doesn't exactly make it clear who who is supporting in the last election. Understandable. He, clearly, has aspirations for the WH so, can't blame him for not being overly enthusiastic about Mitt.

Second, he becomes the poster child for bleating dependency, save us, mommy, over Sandy and goes WAY over the top in loving up to the president. As well as his attacks on Congress to pay him. Now. Again, OK, I get it. He's not a Mitt fan. However, there is NO getting around the reality that, under pressure, the enormity of Sandy, his principles are 'help us! Our state is so dysfunctional, we need everyone else to pay for it!'

Now, he comes out against guns lambasting the NRA over using the Obama's kids to make the point about guns, safety, and our rights calling it reprehensible.

That's it. I actively oppose you now, Mr. Governor. Barack Obama is using 20 dead kids to push his agenda, an agenda the NRA is pointing out that has NOTHING to do with safety and everything to do with more government power, something we've now seen the good governor VERY much believes in. Barack Obama is surrounding himself with kids in his photo ops to push his agenda. Barack Obama is reading little Johnny and little Susies hand written letters pleading for him, the great won, to do something for the people, for the children, to push his agenda. I find that reprehensible. If the president has declared kids are political props, so be it. Don't ####ing cry about it when you make the rules and someone beats your ass with them.

If Barack Obama was focusing on the problem, that would be one thing. He is not. If his solutions would help, that would be one thing. They won't. In the mean time, the NRA is saying as fact that the ONLY thing that could have helped at Sandy hook is NOT the endless laws already on the books but, a good guy with a gun. Like the ones that protect, properly so, the children of the President of the United States of America. It is proper to ask why our kids aren't important enough to have at least some of that protection. It is proper to ask why our kids are not to have ANY of that protection.

Gov. Chris Christie has spent all his political capital, as afar as I am concerned, as well as his benefit of the doubt. This man is EXACTLY the type that got us into this mess; more government, more government and then some more government to help us with all the government we've got in the way.

Sorry for your luck, New Jersey. Your Governor will likely be running for president before long. I suggest he just change his political affiliation now, to reflect his positions, thereby helping GOP'ers to avoid making yet another mistake.

Chris Christie, (D)

Plus, he's a fatass.

That's a bad thing, politically, I heard.

Baz

This. ------------------>
:lol:

"We love him until he dares say something that hasn't been approved by the Party, then he's a RINO." That's why the GOP is in the bombed-out state it is. March in lockstep or we'll turn on you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

"We love him until he dares say something that hasn't been approved by the Party, then he's a RINO." That's why the GOP is in the bombed-out state it is. March in lockstep or we'll turn on you.

Or...people who actually think for themselves simply see what Christie has been doing of late and base their view accordingly. I consider the heaping of 60 billion federal taxpayer dollars on to that region to be disgusting.

I know...a novel - radical even - concept for anyone that gets all their talking points from DailyKos. :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yeah, I totally wouldn't be throwing stones if I were you.

Toxick

Splat

And do you know what's really funny... If the Republicans had said things like "You know, that Christie is a smart guy - maybe we should rethink gun control" we could have laughed about what mindless following sheep they all are.

It's great when you can mock at your opposition no matter what they do.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Like Gingrich, Powell, Scarborough, Specter, the Tea Party...

Political expediency, not wanting to be called racist, trying to pander to minorities…

Democrats know exactly who they are and, through that, own the narrative. Republicans struggle to define themselves not in light of who they are, but in light of how democrats are defining them.

bcp

In My Opinion

And if we were liberals, we would love him no matter what he said just as long as he had that "D" after his name.

Pisses you all off when conservatives turn on those in the party that turn on them first.
If Christy wants to be a bammy poo covered tool like Omalley, then he should grow the stones to come right out and say he is swtiching parties.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't the republican party - just like the democrat party - have core ideals; and if a candidate that ran on those ideals strays from those ideals - shouldn't they be called out and criticized for that? Democrats have no problem throwing defectors under the bus.