Let's reflect and compare

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think it's appropriate to compare Reagan entering into his second term to Obama. Similiar circumstances, far difference results. Let's compare the words each used.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I will shortly submit a budget to the congress aimed at freezing government program spending for the next year. Beyond this we must take further steps to permanently control government’s power to tax and spend. We must act now to protect future generations from government’s desire to spend its citizen’s money and tax them into servitude when the bills come through. Let us make it unconstitutional for the federal government to spend more than the federal government takes in.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Reagan was a humble man, the Won clearly is no such thing.

Yet both were elected by the people a second term. But listening to Reagan talk about limits on government and America felt so good about the direction Reagan wanted to take the country, we look at where we are headed today................. Completely in the opposite direction.

tommyjo

I think it's appropriate to compare Reagan entering into his second term to Obama. Similiar circumstances, far difference results. Let's see how the words each use.

"Similar circumstances"????

Once again, you prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

I've heard that horsecrap line for about 6 months now. Only those with no understanding (or an intense political motivation) can make the claim that the economic problems of the early 80s are remotely simlilar to the problems of today.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

PsyOps

Pixelated

I've heard that horsecrap line for about 6 months now. Only those with no understanding (or an intense political motivation) can make the claim that the economic problems of the early 80s are remotely simlilar to the problems of today.

How old are you? Are you old enough to remember the gas lines of the 70s? Gas prices during Carter’s tenure went from $0.59 to $1.38. A near TRIPLE in cost.

Are you old enough to remember 13% inflation?

Do you remember unemployment reaching 10% Reagan inherited?

Do you remember interest rates reaching 18%?

Median income dropped from $47,527 to $44,823.

Reagan, in his first term, corrected all of these failing trends. Obama? I guess you're right.... they aren't remotely similar.

6 months? Horsecrap? I guess your 6 months is some sort of measure to decades that I’ve had to listen to the lies of you liberals trying to rewrite history.

:bigwhoop:

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Um...when did Mr. Regan submit a balanced budget?

He didn't.

People often blame the Congress for the record breaking deficits of the 1980's. What they fail to mention is that the Reagan administration never sent a budget proposal to the Congress that proposed a balance budget. Nor did the Reagan administration send a budget proposal to the Congress that included a proposed reduction in the deficit from the prvious year.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He didn't.

People often blame the Congress for the record breaking deficits of the 1980's. What they fail to mention is that the Reagan administration never sent a budget proposal to the Congress that proposed a balance budget. Nor did the Reagan administration send a budget proposal to the Congress that included a proposed reduction in the deficit from the prvious year.

No, he didn't. But what he did do was recognize he was dealing with a democrat congress and had to COMPROMISE. Something liberals love to demand but not practice. The result of Reagan's compromise was a turn in the right direction economically, within his first term.

The point behind my quote was to show how Reagan desired to have a constitutional amendment for balanced budgets. Something you will never EVER hear from Obama’s mouth.

But the raw facts are… Deficits under Reagan during the highest point was 4% of GDP. Under Obama it’s 10%. Under Reagan the debt was about 50% of the GDP. Under Obama the debt is now over 100% and growing. Although neither president reduced spending and balanced budgets, comparing the two, there is a stark difference between their spending habits. There is a stark difference in the result to the economy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But the raw facts are… Deficits under Reagan during the highest point was 4% of GDP. Under Obama it’s 10%. Under Reagan the debt was about 50% of the GDP. Under Obama the debt is now over 100% and growing. .

And boy howdy didn't we have a powerful military when he was done too!

Apparently we can no longer afford anything close.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
And boy howdy didn't we have a powerful military when he was done too!

Apparently we can no longer afford anything close.

The Department of Defense to liberals is as the Department of Health and Human Services is to the conservatives. Problem is, Health and Human are more emotive than Defense in the current culture.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits

I've heard that horsecrap line for about 6 months now. Only those with no understanding (or an intense political motivation) can make the claim that the economic problems of the early 80s are remotely simlilar (SIC) to the problems of today.

I couldn't find the :dumbass post of the day icon:

Can we have just a :dumbass: icon please Vrai?

I'll compare the budget passed by Congress then to any passed in the last four years.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

cwo_ghwebb said:

I've heard that horsecrap line for about 6 months now. Only those with no understanding (or an intense political motivation) can make the claim that the economic problems of the early 80s are remotely simlilar (SIC) to the problems of today.

I couldn't find the :dumbass post of the day icon:

Can we have just a :dumbass: icon please Vrai?

I'll compare the budget passed by Congress then to any passed in the last four years.

Just use :cwo: we will all know what it means :yay:

awpitt

Main Streeter
No, he didn't. But what he did do was recognize he was dealing with a democrat congress and had to COMPROMISE. Something liberals love to demand but not practice. The result of Reagan's compromise was a turn in the right direction economically, within his first term.

Actually, the Congress was split for 6 of the 8 years of the Reagan administration. The compromise you mention would've normally come after the President sent a budget to the Congress that proposed a balanced budget or a reduction in the deficit. He didn't even ask the Congress for deficit reduction or a balanced budget. That should've been his starting point. It wasn't.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Actually, the Congress was split for 6 of the 8 years of the Reagan administration. The compromise you mention would've normally come after the President sent a budget to the Congress that proposed a balanced budget or a reduction in the deficit. He didn't even ask the Congress for deficit reduction or a balanced budget. That should've been his starting point. It wasn't.

So you're not really interested in results are you?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
He didn't.

So as the OP stated, both inherited similar circumstances with 180* opposite results.

Both achieved favorable results compared to what each inherited; however, neither achieved optimal results.
:killingme I lub you awpitt but you really do live in :lalala: land.

Obama has had 0 favorable results!!