Don’t ‘patronize’ and look ‘down your nose’ at gun

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BILL CLINTON WARNS DEMS: DON’T ‘PATRONIZE’ AND LOOK ‘DOWN YOUR NOSE’ AT GUN CULTURE

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton spoke with top Democratic donors at a private meeting on Saturday where, according to Politico, he warned the group to treat gun control differently than other political issues.

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton reportedly said. “A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things…”

He proceeded to explain how, though polling data is certainly useful for politicians, it doesn’t measure the emotion and enthusiasm associated with an issue. And it’s the passion associated with gun control, Clinton argued, that makes it so delicate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TOM BROKAW: IT’S ‘FAR-REACHING’ TO THINK YOU NEED GUNS TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT

Brokaw said on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” that one of the main arguments pro-gun advocates cite — that the Second Amendment is meant to protect against a tyrannical government — is pretty outlandish.

He said he agrees with retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal who supports “serious action” to curb gun violence and said military-grade weaponry doesn’t belong in civilian hands.

“The response to that was, ‘I have to keep my weapon because the government’s going to come and try to take it away from me, and I have to be able to fight back when that happens,’” Brokaw said. “Well that’s the most far-reaching thing you can possibly imagine.”

I wonder what 'Military Grade' Weaponry would that be ......... since NEW Class III weapons were banned from sale to Civies in 86?

there isn't a lot to go around, never mind the back ground check and taxes ..... no one is selling M4's or M-60's at corner store

Mil Grade ? what caliber ? Mag Cap ?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
They keep referencing bazookas, RPG's, nuclear weapons, etc. when they say "You don't need. . ." But they aren't advocating outlawing bazookas, RPG's, etc. now, are they?