Do you know what your children are being taught?

BOP

Or more accurately, being indoctrinated with?

Public School Teaches

A school district in Wisconsin said they will review a high school diversity class that exposed students to radical leftist thinkers and promoted a critical race theory that alleges white people are oppressors.

The “American Diversity” class was taught to students at Delavan-Darien High School in Wisconsin, Fox News has learned.

“They’re teaching white guilt,” one parent told Fox News. “They’re dividing the students. They’re saying to non-whites, ‘You have been oppressed and you’re still being oppressed.’”

The parent, who asked not to be identified, has an 18-year-old son who was enrolled in the class and became alarmed after she looked at some of the handouts provided to the students.

“I felt it was indoctrination,” she said. “This is a radical left agenda and ideology that is now embedded in our school.”

The parent said the students were taught “if you’re white, you’re oppressing. If you’re non white, you’ve been a victim.”

somdwatch

And This is the Major Problem

When you have federal education agency extorting local schools to teach what the agency dictates. Or get cut in funding. There's a reason Maryland teachers are not taught to develop curriculum and think about what is best for their students. It costs the state the handout from the federal government.

Sad, let teachers teach what is best for their class. Washington DC has no idea what a community is, only that they have an organizer in office. The problem started way before now though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Parents need to be involved and proactive in what their children are being taught and what they are learning. My children attended public schools all of their lives, Thing2 still does.

They BOTH have their own minds, and their own opinions. This is because their parents (mostly me in the last 8 years) did the job of indoctrinating...er..educating them from their very earliest years by exposing them to that which we believed. Consequently, any of the indoctrination they may have gotten through the public school systems was constantly & continuously tempered with our personal family views & morals.

Thing2 is a junior in HS, and can hold his own in many a political or current events discussion. My job is (basically) done, as he has his own views and makes them known quite well at this point, although a lot of times, he will ask me questions about historical events in my lifetime to provide perspective.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Thing2 is a junior in HS, and can hold his own in many a political or current events discussion. My job is (basically) done, as he has his own views and makes them known quite well at this point, although a lot of times, he will ask me questions about historical events in my lifetime to provide perspective.

Becoming a history reference in your child's life really puts one in one's place doesn't it?

Bann

PREMO Member
Becoming a history reference in your child's life really puts one in one's place doesn't it?

Why? I don't get what you mean. It's not a bad thing to be able to recount moments in history (from my lifetime) to fill in the blanks about what he didn't witness himself. Is it?

We watched the Inauguration today from about 11am - to when Beyonce sang the National Anthem. We discussed little tidbits here & there - our observations and those of the pundits we were listening to.

He said a lot of his friends weren't watching & many who are not of the Conservative mindset were making comments on FB about not watching. He said he liked watching because it was an historic event. Even though he is opposed to the politics of Barack Obama, he wants to be able to say in the future that he watched it.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And in this case, I'm a proud momma. :getdown:

Toxick

Splat
Why? I don't get what you mean. It's not a bad thing to be able to recount moments in history (from my lifetime) to fill in the blanks about what he didn't witness himself. Is it?

I think that was levity.

Like: "You know you're old when events in your life are called 'history'".

As opposed to current events.

The Space Shuttle blowing up is "History"? I was in Junior High when that happened for Christ Sake!

What? Junior High no longer exists? WTF?! Get off my lawn you god-damn hooligans.

Bann

PREMO Member
I think that was levity.

As opposed to current events.

The Space Shuttle blowing up is "History"? I was in Junior High when that happened for Christ Sake!

What? Junior High no longer exists? WTF?! Get off my lawn you god-damn hooligans.
:lmao:

Hey, I don't feel old! I was just roller skating last weekend!! Until I sprained my ankle. :ohwell:

But I didn't sprain it skating! I was trying to sit down on the step to the rink & my foot went crazy from the carpet to the wood floor. :bawl:

nevermind.

Toxick

Splat
:lmao:

Hey, I don't feel old! I was just roller skating last weekend!! Until I sprained my ankle. :ohwell:

But I didn't sprain it skating! I was trying to sit down on the step to the rink & my foot went crazy from the carpet to the wood floor. :bawl:

nevermind.

I haven't been rollerskating in so long. In fact I think the last time I went rollerskating was at The Skate Station in California MD.

I had a ginormous sphere of hair and an acid washed denim jacket IIRC.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I was Stationed at Ft Carson, Colorado Springs .......... January 28, 1986

how about these;

Air Florida Flight 90 - January 13, 1982 - I had gotten home from School and turned on the TV ..... jet down in the Potomac

Reagan Shot - March 30, 1981 2:27 pm (Eastern Time) - ditto [I was in High School at the time] ... all the confusion about who was in charge ....

Watching the Berlin Wall come down .....

9/11 - watching events unfold in a crappy CNN Web Video ...... it took several minuets to understand when the 1st tower came down .....

getting laid off the day after .........

Bann

PREMO Member
Air Florida crash in 1982: I was leaving work from Comsat Corp in L'Enfant Plaza because the Federal Gov't was letting out early & the city was becoming snowed in! I and everyone else got caught up IN THE TRAFFIC!!! Took me and my carpool riders 5-1/2 hours to get home that day - I lived in Hollywood at the time. Just my luck, it was my day to drive. I drove a 1978 Chevy Vega, 3 speed in those days. No cellphones either.

My mother was over the moon worried about me because there was no way to contact her. One of the guys who rode with us called her for me when we dropped him off in Waldorf.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Air Florida crash in 1982: I was leaving work from Comsat Corp in L'Enfant Plaza because the Federal Gov't was letting out early & the city was becoming snowed in! I and everyone else got caught up IN THE TRAFFIC!!! Took me and my carpool riders 5-1/2 hours to get home that day - I lived in Hollywood at the time. Just my luck, it was my day to drive. I drove a 1978 Chevy Vega, 3 speed in those days. No cellphones either.

My mother was over the moon worried about me because there was no way to contact her. One of the guys who rode with us called her for me when we dropped him off in Waldorf.

:cheers:

my how society has gotten spoiled ...

.... growing up, no Cell Phones, [I think I saw one episode of Rockford Files in the 1970's someone had a 'car phone' no answering machines, if you called someones house the phone rang - maybe you let it ring 6 times and hung up, and called back later .....

all phones were 'Western Electric' ... we had both a dial and push button

all circa 1970's ... by the 1980's [high school for me] Ma Bell had been broken up, everyone bought their own phones .....