Slashed Tires

luvmygdaughters

My daughter and granddaughters live in North Beach. Sometime late last night or very early in the AM, someone or somebodies, slashed tires on the vehicles parked not only on her street, but I think, two other streets. I'm asking everyone to keep ears open in case they overhear anything about this and report it to CCSD. My daughter had to get a ride into work this morning, replace two tires on her car, which is going to strain her already tight budget. I swear I just get so mad when I hear of this kind of bull$*t. If it was kids, I hope they get caught and mommy & daddy have to pay restituion for all the tires they slashed. If it was some down on their luck tire company, I hope you have to pay back everyone and lose your damn business license.

My co-worker was just talking about this. Apparently there was something like 200 tires slashed.......absolutely ridiculous.

luvmygdaughters

My co-worker was just talking about this. Apparently there was something like 200 tires slashed.......absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, she said it was a sorry sight to see this morning. I just cant believe someone or somebodies were out doing that last night as cold as it was. I just wonder if it was a desperate attempt at bringing business into a local shop.

lovinmaryland

Tell her to call her insurance company. That falls under comprehensive. (vandalism) hopefully her deuctible is low and she can get some help w/ replacing her tires :buddies:

DEEKAYPEE8569

My daughter and granddaughters live in North Beach. Sometime late last night or very early in the AM, someone or somebodies, slashed tires on the vehicles parked not only on her street, but I think, two other streets. I'm asking everyone to keep ears open in case they overhear anything about this and report it to CCSD. My daughter had to get a ride into work this morning, replace two tires on her car, which is going to strain her already tight budget. I swear I just get so mad when I hear of this kind of bull$*t. If it was kids, I hope they get caught and mommy & daddy have to pay restituion for all the tires they slashed. If it was some down on their luck tire company, I hope you have to pay back everyone and lose your damn business license.

Hooking up a 1000,000 volt charge to the frame would deter this kinda crap.
Yeah, it's a tire slashing issue, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the perps touch the car somewhere else in the process. 100K jolt would get their attention. The alternative is to sit in the dark keeping watch with a pellet gun. No one could persecute/prosecute you for using deadly force. Heh??

Yes, she said it was a sorry sight to see this morning. I just cant believe someone or somebodies were out doing that last night as cold as it was. I just wonder if it was a desperate attempt at bringing business into a local shop.

I hadn't even thought that it could be a tire shop or whatever. Either way, I hope whoever it was gets caught and has to pay A LOT of fines.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Regardless of why it happened, or who did it, or in what neighborhood, it sucks. 200 tires? Really? I can't help thinking that vandals would not go to that much trouble, in the azz freezing weather. I'm thinking tire business, too.

Justme2

Yep probably does Fall Under

Tell her to call her insurance company. That falls under comprehensive. (vandalism) hopefully her deuctible is low and she can get some help w/ replacing her tires :buddies:

Yep her comprehensive probably will pay. That the reason I was told :cds::cds::cds: my insuranace went up $200.00 fricking $$$$$ this year!!! YEP! YEP!

Hank

my war
Is there a crime report or a link? I would think 200 tires would garner a little attention w/ the local web rags...

lovinmaryland

Yep her comprehensive probably will pay. That the reason I was told :cds::cds::cds: my insuranace went up $200.00 fricking $$$$$ this year!!! YEP! YEP!

I'm an insurance agent. It will fall under comprehensive...lets hope she has a $0 or $50 deductible.

Unfortunately this stuff is taken into account when rating insurance for certain areas. PG is higher than Charles, Charles higher than St Mary's, etc...

I'm an insurance agent. It will fall under comprehensive...lets hope she has a $0 or $50 deductible.

Unfortunately this stuff is taken into account when rating insurance for certain areas. PG is higher than Charles, Charles higher than St Mary's, etc...

"Insurance Points"....right? Booo! My car was broken into several years ago...went through insurance only to find it went up at my next renewal. I'd gotten no tickets or violations of any kind either. Ugh, that really pissed me off! Not only did I have to deal with the broken window and everything that my insurance didn't cover (my radio, speakers and CD's....I was like 19, those things were BIG to me then, lol...plus it was the first bid ticket items I'd ever purchased for myself AND I'd only had it installed for a week exactly :mad:) but then my insurance went up and I'd done nothing wrong but use my insurance for what it's for.....asses!

Okay, I'm done LOL