Military to allow women in combat

Rt235

Wouldn't want to be in the crosshairs of some gal with raging PMS AND a gun!!!
Good idea actually....Besides, many other countries have women in combat, why shouldn't we?

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Great, so long as the military doesn't give in to the sure-to-come calls from the feminists to soften the requirements for women as compared to men.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
CARDIN APPLAUDS MOVE TO OPEN COMBAT JOBS TO WOMEN
U.S. Military Fully Embraces Equal Opportunity for Women

Washington, DC -- U.S. Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD) praised Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta for overturning provisions that kept women from serving in front-line combat positions.

"Yet another glass ceiling is about to be shattered. I applaud Secretary Panetta's actions that will open up thousands of front-line combat positions to America's brave military women, giving them an equal opportunity to serve their nation, earn promotions and move up through the ranks as their male counterparts. America's military is the greatest in the world and it has been made stronger today with the promise of equal opportunity for women and men.

"Every day, we honor the service of our men and women who volunteer to protect our nation. Maryland is home to nearly 30,000 Active, 16,000 Reserve and hundreds of thousands of veteran Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen. These Marylanders have our utmost respect and appreciation."

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
It's about time, I'va always thought the ban was ridiculous. They are out there anyways they might as well have the same opportunities.

MMM_donuts

Just so there's less confusion, it's not like women can just sign up for recon now. Each combat role is going to reevaluate their ability to allow women and what affect it will likely have on their ability to accomplish the mission. Then they have to apply and get approval to allow women into their program. It's expected to take years before it's possibly implemented and there are some areas that will retain the right to refuse women. I think this is most helpful for the MOS's that already have women serving in combat roles, even though it wasn't technically allowed, per se.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
As a former Marine, I see no problem allowing women in combat. Some of the females I saw in the Marines could kick my arse and not break a sweat.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Great, so long as the military doesn't give in to the sure-to-come calls from the feminists to soften the requirements for women as compared to men.
:dingding: A soldiers ruck sack weighs 65 pounds minimum and can weigh as much as 100 pounds.

If the wimmins can train and pass the requirements right along with the men, I say no problem.

P.S. The first two (both officers) have already flunked out. :patriot:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm of the opinion that women should not be on the front lines. It's not like you can call in when you're menstrual. dumb ####s.

MMM_donuts

I, too, am an advocate of setting a standard that everyone must pass to advance, regardless of gender. Lowering the standards to accommodate women hurts us pretty badly by ensuring contention instead of encouraging cohesion or acceptance.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Won't this re-ignite the argument that seeing women dead or wounded on the battlefield will be 'distracting' to their male counterparts?
They are gay, so it won't matter.

Seriously, if they can meet the requirements, why not let them in combat. I would think anyone of your friends dead would be a distraction. An angry women is more scary in my opinion.

Last edited:

MMM_donuts

I realize this is a very controversial statement I'm about to make but I hope the next step is to either require women to sign up for selective service or to do away with it altogether.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
entire NON Combat Units were sidelined in the 1990's in the run up to Desert Storm, because women did not want to get deployed to combat zones over seas ...

.... so they chose to spread their legs like good little whores, get knocked up, so they could stay home ......

yes that was meant to be insulting ..... do not sign up for the JOB then cop out by getting pregnant .....

I think NO Women should be serving in front line units .... combat or not

but if you are going to allow this, there should be mandatory BC until the enlistment is over ..... you want kids, get out