Bring it on, North Korea!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
North Korea planning "high-level" nuclear test - CBS News

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA North Korea's top military body warned Thursday that the regime is poised to conduct a nuclear test in response to U.N. punishment, and made clear that its long-range rockets are designed to carry not only satellites but also warheads aimed at striking the United States.

The National Defense Commission rejected Tuesday's U.N. Security Council resolution condemning North Korea's long-range rocket launch in December as a banned missile activity and expanding sanctions against the regime. The commission reaffirmed in its declaration that the launch was a peaceful bid to send a satellite into space, but also said the country's rocket launches have a military purpose: to strike and attack the United States.

The commission pledged to keep launching satellites and rockets and to conduct a "high-level" nuclear test as part of defensive measures against the U.S.

North Korea really wants to glow.

Don't be silly. It was just a peaceful satellite launch they say so who are we to judge. We have people and leadership screaming in the streets that it isn't our place to butt our nose in this silly stuff. We are now in a "no war" era where reduced military size, spending and arsenal are what is the reality we've been thrown in. We can't have it both ways and our leadership and the citizen popularity poll say we don't need to put our money in defense.

DipStick

Don't be silly. It was just a peaceful satellite launch they say so who are we to judge. We have people and leadership screaming in the streets that it isn't our place to butt our nose in this silly stuff. We are now in a "no war" era where reduced military size, spending and arsenal are what is the reality we've been thrown in. We can't have it both ways and our leadership and the citizen popularity poll say we don't need to put our money in defense.

This was essentially a declaration of war. North Korea should be glad I'm nowhere near that red button.

DipStick

I don't know how President Obama's responding to this but I do know, if Bush was still president (as much as I didn't like him), they'd have to deploy the National Guard to The White House to keep him away from that big red button.