Base Schedule

MikeyBash

Just called 342-BASE, and they were playing a recording from January 18th. Any other sources of Base status information?

sockgirl77

Just called 342-BASE, and they were playing a recording from January 18th. Any other sources of Base status information?

I called 744-4000 for NSWCIHD 40 minutes ago and Jan 17th recording was still playing. I've been calling for the past 30 minutes and it has been busy. :ohwell:

osprey10

Base Info....

BASE STATUS: OPEN WITH UNSCHEDULED LEAVE issued at 05:51:02 ((GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)) on 01/24/2013

OPEN WITH UNSCHEDULED LEAVE. NAS Patuxent River is open. Critical employees must report to work as scheduled. All otheremployees may take unscheduled leave, telework or leave withoutpay. Notify your supervisor of your intentions as soon aspossible.

bulldog

It's been updated.

Base is open with unscheduled leave and telework authorized. Critical employees must report.

Do yourself a favor and get registered to receive the notifications via text and e-mail if you'd like to stay up to date.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It's been updated.

Base is open with unscheduled leave and telework authorized. Critical employees must report.

Do yourself a favor and get registered to receive the notifications via text and e-mail if you'd like to stay up to date.

:yay:
Unscheduled leave here.
Now I will only have 231 hrs of use or lose.

bulldog

:yay:
Unscheduled leave here.
Now I will only have 231 hrs of use or lose.

Daym man. I have yet to break into the use or lose category. Seems everytime I get close, something happens.

Hey, I know how you can use another day. Wanna go to Annapolis on Feb 6th for some of the "gun day" testimony? We need everyone we can get.

Can anybody report on the road conditions getting into the base?
Plows were not called out to treat roads until after 4 a.m. It takes over an hour to hook up so trucks are only now reporting for duty and getting their salt load. Consider roads currently untouched but passable if you take it slow. :shrug:

bulldog

Plows were not called out to treat roads until after 4 a.m. It takes over an hour to hook up so trucks are only now reporting for duty and getting their salt load. Consider roads currently untouched. :shrug:

Where, may I ask, do you get this information?

Where, may I ask, do you get this information?

Let's see... all roads were snow covered at 4 a.m. Salt spreaders and plows require hydrolics to work and most trucks are work trucks by day and superhero road clearers by night so that would mean when they get a call at say... 4 a.m.ish they have to wake up and go hook up both a salt spreader and a plow, both of which are heavy and require machinary and/or additional manpower to put on the truck... then they have to hook up all the hydrolic lines and then they have to report to the salt bins and only then will they be out treating roads.... seams quite logical without having to "hear it" from somewhere to me...:shrug: