$20,000 in Cash Prizes

havingfun

Civista Health Foundation is selling Chances to Celebrate raffle tickets. Each tickets allows the chance for one of three cash prizes. Top prize is $12,000, second is $6000 and third is $2000. Each ticket is $100 or you can purchase a quarter for $25. Only 1000 tickets will be sold. Winners will be drawn at The Crimson Ball on February 23 but do not need to be present to win.

Purchase tickets by calling 301-609-4132 or online at CIVISTA Medical Center: The more you know, the better you feel. | Home

Don't miss your Chance to Celebrate!:yahoo:

Beach

Hmmm,I can afford $25.00, will see if I can get three more friends to go in and buy a whole ticket...beats the lottery odds:) if only 1000 tickets being sold!!

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Civista Health Foundation is selling Chances to Celebrate raffle tickets. Each tickets allows the chance for one of three cash prizes. Top prize is $12,000, second is $6000 and third is $2000. Each ticket is $100 or you can purchase a quarter for $25. Only 1000 tickets will be sold. Winners will be drawn at The Crimson Ball on February 23 but do not need to be present to win.

Purchase tickets by calling 301-609-4132 or online at CIVISTA Medical Center: The more you know, the better you feel. | Home

So what happens with the $80,000 free profit? Not to mention the several $500 sponsors (looks like about 12 of them). And we wonder what is wrong with American Health Care system? We need a real govt universal health care and to end the greedy corporate system. :coffee:

havingfun

So what happens with the $80,000 free profit? Not to mention the several $500 sponsors (looks like about 12 of them). And we wonder what is wrong with American Health Care system? We need a real govt universal health care and to end the greedy corporate system. :coffee:

Civista Medical Center is a non-profit hospital so the money raised goes into equipment, services and needed expansions to serve the community. Funds raised this fiscal year are going to expand the ED (we have added 4 additional exam rooms to keep up with high volumes) and to purchase additional surgical equipment.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Civista Medical Center is a non-profit hospital so the money raised goes into equipment, services and needed expansions to serve the community. Funds raised this fiscal year are going to expand the ED (we have added 4 additional exam rooms to keep up with high volumes) and to purchase additional surgical equipment.

Ok. I have no problem with some non-profit efforts. But if they are part of the corrupt enterprise of the whole greedy health care system and adding to the greed... Don'tcha think "if the shoe fits, wear it"? I am just saying... :coffee:

havingfun

Ok. I have no problem with some non-profit efforts. But if they are part of the corrupt enterprise of the whole greedy health care system and adding to the greed... Don'tcha think "if the shoe fits, wear it"? I am just saying... :coffee:

I should also mention that all of our local community hospitals are non-profits and that we are all working hard to create facilities and provide services that keep quality health care closer to home for everyone.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I should also mention that all of our local community hospitals are non-profits and that we are all working hard to create facilities and provide services that keep quality health care closer to home for everyone.

To be honest, most folks I know head up north for anything serious. Ever wonder why this area (LP) has so few quality family doctors? The hand full that are recognized snarl out, "sorry, not taking any new patients". So one gets sick there is no choice but to deal with the emergency room fanatics, or the corporate Indian near-monopoly clinics. I'll let you summize.

havingfun

To be honest, most folks I know head up north for anything serious. Ever wonder why this area (LP) has so few quality family doctors? The hand full that are recognized snarl out, "sorry, not taking any new patients". So one gets sick there is no choice but to deal with the emergency room fanatics, or the corporate Indian near-monopoly clinics. I'll let you summize.

"Anything Serious" can have different meanings to different people. Broken Legs, Heart Attacks, Stroke, most people, I believe would go directly to the nearest hospital. However, once treated and stable may need to go somewhere else that provides specialty service for their condition.

There are Primary Care Doc shortages all over, not just LP. But you are correct, it does mean additional overload at the ED at any hospital.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
"Anything Serious" can have different meanings to different people. Broken Legs, Heart Attacks, Stroke, most people, I believe would go directly to the nearest hospital. However, once treated and stable may need to go somewhere else that provides specialty service for their condition.

There are Primary Care Doc shortages all over, not just LP. But you are correct, it does mean additional overload at the ED at any hospital.

Ok... then can I have some of that $80k to open a new family doctor office here? Or is that just foolish since your organization don't want or need anymore?

I remember quite a few years ago, as a newbie here, seeking a family doctor in the area. lol. The many folks that have lived here for many decades coughed out various doctor names quickly. I asked, are you a patient? Newp! They take their family to calvert or up further. And to clarify, non-emergent health care, they travel up north. That is my observation anyway. I've heard others have similar experience. But sorry to hi-jack your post.

havingfun

Last week to purchase if interested

P.S. Mark your calendars for June 15 - 3rd Annual Tails and Ales BBQ and Beer Fest