Phil Mickelson should downsize

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
It's not always easy being rich, as Phil Mickelson reminded us the other day. There are taxes to pay — apparently lots of them — and the price of a tank of jet fuel seems to go up every day. A million dollars a week just doesn't go as far as it used to, now that the wealthy are paying more in taxes. For Mickelson, things have gotten so bad that he's thinking of moving from California so the state doesn't get a cut of the $47 million that Golf Digest estimates he made last year.

Thankfully, it's not quite to the point where Tiger Woods and his buddies need to hold a car wash to raise money for Lefty. He has, after all, made an estimated $400 million in the last decade and even the greediest of tax collectors doesn't take it all.

And he does seem to realize — though a bit belatedly — that one thing rich people shouldn't do is complain to people who aren't rich about the taxes they have to pay. Mickelson was barely done moaning about the taxman the other day when he began a round of apologies that continued Wednesday at his hometown tournament in San Diego.

"I've made some dumb, dumb, mistakes, and, obviously, talking about this stuff was one of them," Mickelson said.

Not to worry. There are ways to stay put at home and still have enough left over for a few of the Five Guys hamburger franchises he loves so much.
Columnist suggests Phil Mickelson should downsize so he can afford fuel for his plane | masslive.com

Pretty funny.

Freefaller

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Snarky POS author..

I hope Mickelson leaves California and keeps more of his well-earned money.

mamatutu

mama to two
Snarky POS author..

I hope Mickelson leaves California and keeps more of his well-earned money.

Agree! He picked a profession that makes a lot of money, if you are good. He is good, even though he has psoriatic arthritis. I don't see him complaining about others' carbon footprints, therefore, he is not a hypogore. He and his wife do a lot of charitable work. It always makes me chuckle that Scott Peterson most likely watches Phil play golf from his death row status in prison. They were on the school golf team together! You go, Phil!

Now, as far as Tiger, I wouldn't mind seeing him lose a million or 2 or 10 or 50!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What the hell is Phil Mickelson apologizing for? THAT is what I'd like to smack him around for. If he feels he doesn't have a right to the money he earned, then by god he can just send some straight to me and I'll appreciate it on his behalf.

And hey, Phil? Give Freddie my address too, m'kay? :hot: