She got away with murder

SoMDGirl42

"Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee in 2011. Jurors convicted her of four counts of lying to detectives, and her attorneys appealed those convictions."

Read more: Court sets aside 2 of Casey Anthony's convictions | Fox News

and now they threw out 2 of her convicitons for lying to police. Unfu*king believable.

A 2 year old is dead, and she is tying up the legal system with appeals for lying to police? She needs to just hang. She got away with killing her daughter (IMHO). Nothing like rubbing some salt in that breakdown of the system.

I think if she didn't do it herself (and unfortunately I think she did :frown:), she definitely had something to do with it. I don't understand how she's just getting off scot free, it's sickening.

SoMDGirl42

I think if she didn't do it herself (and unfortunately I think she did :frown:), she definitely had something to do with it. I don't understand how she's just getting off scot free, it's sickening.

My opinion is this:

i don't think she did it on purpose, but she did it. I suspect she drugged her and tied her up with duct tape so she could go out and party with her friends and the baby died. She dumped her body. Still, murder is murder, just to what degree it was.

She deserved to be held accountable. Period.

sockgirl77

"Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee in 2011. Jurors convicted her of four counts of lying to detectives, and her attorneys appealed those convictions."

Read more: Court sets aside 2 of Casey Anthony's convictions | Fox News

and now they threw out 2 of her convicitons for lying to police. Unfu*king believable.

A 2 year old is dead, and she is tying up the legal system with appeals for lying to police? She needs to just hang. She got away with killing her daughter (IMHO). Nothing like rubbing some salt in that breakdown of the system.

Simply put, all of the evidence that they had against her was circumstantial. They had no concrete evidence that she did it. Do I think she did it? Yes. But, she should not have gone to jail unless the police had enough evidence to convict her.

mamatutu

mama to two
The prosecution shouldn't have tried for the death penalty and murder 1. That is why she is free today. The saddest part of all is that she will most likely have more children. :frown:

SoMDGirl42

Simply put, all of the evidence that they had against her was circumstantial. They had no concrete evidence that she did it. Do I think she did it? Yes. But, she should not have gone to jail unless the police had enough evidence to convict her.

agree

Still pisses me off that she got away with it though.

and who waits a month to report their kid missing? and she never did, her mother did.

I would not feel sorry or morun her loss if she was found floating down a river face down.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Too bad the police loused up the investigation

The Prosecutor is the one who muffed the ball on this one. What, exactly, did the police do to louse up the investigation? Facts, simple statements of facts, not opinions are called for here.

MarieB

The Prosecutor is the one who muffed the ball on this one. What, exactly, did the police do to louse up the investigation? Facts, simple statements of facts, not opinions are called for here.

They neglected to pull the search information from all of the computer browsers, in turn missing searches for fool proof suffocation methods, etc. Sadly they didn't look at the browser that she primarily used

Your turn. Where are your simple facts abut the prosecutor? No opinions

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a real question:

Why is it that we get all upset when some mentally ill dirtbag loser decides to cull their own herd and prevent their spawn from becoming another drain on society?

Seriously.

Get your gasping over with and let's have a realistic conversation about this.

I will tell you honestly that I don't give a rat's ass when ghetto people kill each other. Yes, it's revolting and decent people do not understand how a woman could do that to her child (or any child), but we're not talking about you and your kids. We're not talking about people who make any sort of positive contribution to society. We're talking about people who, I'd just as soon they'd never even been born.

Chances are good that Caylee would have grown up to be just like her mother, perpetuating the idiocracy with ol' Cletus. When some little 'hood kid gets killed by a stray bullet, chances are good he was just going to grow up and be a thug like his daddy anyway.

Don't get me wrong: I'd have put Casey Anthony to death if it were up to me. I'm a big fan of putting down rabid humans. But why are we mourning the loss of another future rabid human?

So really. Get your knee-jerk outrage out of the way and let's have a conversation about this. I'm genuinely curious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, I don't care what anyone says or what some ignorant ass jury decides - she killed that child.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is a real question:

Why is it that we get all upset when some mentally ill dirtbag loser decides to cull their own herd and prevent their spawn from becoming another drain on society?

Seriously.

I will tell you honestly that I don't give a rat's ass when ghetto people kill each other. Yes, it's revolting and decent people do not understand how a woman could do that to her child (or any child), but we're not talking about you and your kids. We're not talking about people who make any sort of positive contribution to society. We're talking about people who, I'd just as soon they'd never even been born.

Chances are good that Caylee would have grown up to be just like her mother, perpetuating the idiocracy with ol' Cletus. When some little 'hood kid gets killed by a stray bullet, chances are good he was just going to grow up and be a thug like his daddy anyway.

Don't get me wrong: I'd have put Casey Anthony to death if it were up to me. I'm a big fan of putting down rabid humans. But why are we mourning the loss of another future rabid human?

So really. Get your knee-jerk outrage out of the way and let's have a conversation about this. I'm genuinely curious.

You are right - no SANE, rational person medicates & then duct tapes their child in order to go out on the town. There's no way to compare her to normal, average parents. She's all kinds of psychiatric disorders rolled up into one.

I never really thought about your take on this before, but I do agree, how else to cull this type of herd? They keep procreating and they and their spawn are then a drain on society's pocketbook. :shrug:

Speaking of drain on our pocketbook, anyone know what else Casey has been up to lately? One thing we don't have to worry about is paying for her upkeep while she's in prison. She probably won't be long for this earth if she hasn't changed her ways. I think Karma will catch up to her one way or another. :coffee:

~mellabella~

This is a real question:

Seriously.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one, Vrai. There are children who grow up in bad homes who turn out to be really great adults. They run from the lifestyle their parents lived. I think some people are reachable. Able to be saved. She didn't deserve to die just because her mother was crap.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's no way to compare her to normal, average parents.

I wonder if maybe that's why people get so up in arms over this sort of thing: because they're equating the dead child to their child, and making a faulty comparison. Perhaps they have trouble understanding the millions of "not-thems" in the world.

Human suffering is always horrible, especially when it's a child. I try to avoid those stories because a) there's nothing I can do about it so no sense in letting it upset me; and b) it just pisses me off that we allow these people to breed like feral cats in the first place.

Bann

PREMO Member
I'll have to disagree with you on this one, Vrai. There are children who grow up in bad homes who turn out to be really great adults. They run from the lifestyle their parents lived. I think some people are reachable. Able to be saved. She didn't deserve to die just because her mother was crap.

But Vrai didn't say they all *will* grow up to be bad adults. She said chances are...

And, she's right - the chances are high that the majority of children like this grow up just like their parents. It's true some kids in those families are reachable. But Casey Anthony is responsible for ending her child's life - Vrai didn't kill the child or even condone it. She's saying do we mourn forever (or even 1 hour) over the loss of this child? I think Vrai is saying - no, we don't. We say - Ok, that was probably meant to be & for the best. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She didn't deserve to die just because her mother was crap.

Dut dut. :nono: I did not say or even imply that she deserved to die.

Can we agree that not very many kids from vicious mental case parents grow up to be worth a chit? We're not talking about mere "bad homes" here - we're talking about psychopaths churning out little genetic mutants by the millions and teaching them the ropes. If these kids don't carry the vicious gene, they are at least warped by their upbringing and the abuse they suffered.

I mean, really. I did some time on the couch because my mother is a narcissistic control freak; what about kids who grow up being beaten and farmed out for prostitution by their parents? Or for whom violence and lawlessness is a daily ho-hum occurrence and considered the norm?

Bann

PREMO Member

Can we agree that not very many kids from vicious mental case parents grow up to be worth a chit? We're not talking about mere "bad homes" here - we're talking about psychopaths churning out little genetic mutants by the millions and teaching them the ropes. If these kids don't carry the vicious gene, they are at least warped by their upbringing and the abuse they suffered.

I mean, really. I did some time on the couch because my mother is a narcissistic control freak; what about kids who grow up being beaten and farmed out for prostitution by their parents? Or for whom violence and lawlessness is a daily ho-hum occurrence and considered the norm?

:yay:

~mellabella~

She's saying do we mourn forever (or even 1 hour) over the loss of this child? I think Vrai is saying - no, we don't. We say - Ok, that was probably meant to be & for the best. :shrug:

And that's what I disagree with. (And it's 100% ok that we have differing opinions.) I don't think it's for the best. We will never know what that sweet little girl could have done with her life if she'd been given the chance. I think her mother killed her. Absolutely, and there was nothing accidental about it. Do I want her to have another child? No. But I think the one she had deserved a shot at life, without the judgment and assumptions that she would follow in her mother's footsteps.

Again, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. But it's kids in situations like this that makes my heart ache for them. It's why I want to work with kids. Show them that's there is more to life than what they see at home. Save the ones that can be saved.

~mellabella~

Its horrible that kids go through that. I know that it is a reality for many. But if there is any chance they can be rescued from their situation, any hope at all, then it's better than letting them die.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But if there is any chance they can be rescued from their situation, any hope at all, then it's better than letting them die.

I disagree because the odds are overwhelmingly not in their favor, and the failure rate affects the rest of us. And...my god, there's just so many of them and we're getting more by the day.

(And it's 100% ok that we have differing opinions.)

:yay: I understand that I'm outside the norm here, not you.