So the 20 year old stove might have to go...

Hessian

Sears techs said the needed replacement part is..."unavailable"...its probably a 12.00 valve.

a) Is it worth searching the net & attempting to find/order this valve from Soiux City Iowa...then have to find a tech willing to put it in?

b) Are there some reliable shops that have reconditioned stoves in So Md?
(I might visit Metropolitan up in NorthBeach but thats a bit of a haul.)

c) If I opt to buy new: Who has the best reputation to install & haul away old faithful? (at a decent price!)

Could use some sage advice on this.........:coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sears techs said the needed replacement part is..."unavailable"...its probably a 12.00 valve.

a) Is it worth searching the net & attempting to find/order this valve from Soiux City Iowa...then have to find a tech willing to put it in?

b:

I've had remarkable luck taking that approach. FWIW. At least as far as finding the parts...

Hessian

Propane.....EVERYTHING else works just fine....I feel badly about pitching a funtional stove but the oven setting won't respond to the dial because of a bad valve. -Odd.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If it is otherwise in good shape, try and find the valve on line. 3 summers ago I found a new heater core and drive belt for our electric dryer, which we bought along with the washer in September 1983. After the repair (which I did in about 2 hour) the dryer works o well we get a good dry cycle using the delicate heat setting instead of the regular setting.

garyt27

INAFJ
Lowes will install new stove and haul away the old one free. They say next day, but propane may be a different animal.
you could take the stove to the scrapyard and get some cash for it.
You should replace it before it becomes a money pit.

Lilypad

b) Are there some reliable shops that have reconditioned stoves in So Md?
(I might visit Metropolitan up in NorthBeach but thats a bit of a haul.)

c) If I opt to buy new: Who has the best reputation to install & haul away old faithful? (at a decent price!)

Could use some sage advice on this.........:coffee:

Google is your friend if all else fails...