generators

foodcritic

Recently got a Champion 7500 running watt generator from BJs. Excellent machine. Comes with wheel kit and electric start. Around 750.00 at BJs. Just wired in to panel.

Thinking of converting it to tri fuel propane.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I have a TroyBilt that I bought a few years back; before MTD bought and ruined them. I wouldn't be without it. It has saved me a few times and is a serious workhorse! It ran for 12 hours on one tank a few years ago. Consumer Reports rated it really high recently.

I ran a 240v generator outlet into my garage, right next to the door and I plug the generator into it and point the muffler outside through the door. Power inside, CO outside. :yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
PTO generator powered by a 24 hp yanmar diesel, powers everything but the microwave...

General Lee

PTO generator powered by a 24 hp yanmar diesel, powers everything but the microwave...

I almost went with that option. Most disasters I need my tractor for cleanup and such and didn't want to split the use between using the tractor and genny.

Lilypad

I had a plywood box built to fit around the generator, to direct the sound away from the house...picked the direction of neighbor's house; the one who likes to shoot off his AR15 at all hours of the day & night. :dance:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I almost went with that option. Most disasters I need my tractor for cleanup and such and didn't want to split the use between using the tractor and genny.

Figure I can go an hour or two without the generator if I have to, especially during the day, but have power and heat when I need it..