Something to ponder...

TPD

the poor dad
A quote from John Adams on the type of character he believed was necessary for this country to prosper -
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A quote from John Adams on the type of character he believed was necessary for this country to prosper -
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

And yet he saw to it that we would have religious freedom as a founding principle.

I will always take what someone does over what they say.

:buddies:

NextJen

Raisin cane
And yet he saw to it that we would have religious freedom as a founding principle.

I will always take what someone does over what they say.

I think they go together. Religious freedom still allows for a moral and religious people. You cannot force or legislate people to be religious...or moral.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think they go together. Religious freedom still allows for a moral and religious people. You cannot force or legislate people to be religious...or moral.

That's right. And being religious does not make you a person of good morals. This speaks, enormously, to Adam's character and understanding of people. He states the people ought to be religious and moral. Ye,t here he is, as much or more the father of our Constitution than anyone else, in a position of enormous influence to put it in writing and he...leaves it out.

He knew being religious did not make one moral. He knew requiring religion would be immoral.

BOP

And yet, the demonrats are trying to force people to be immoral, through legislation.

perfectorec

And yet, the demonrats are trying to force people to be immoral, through legislation.

Still butt hurt about November are we?:yahoo:

In all seriousness that type of unnecessary hate and vitriol is exactly why mainstream America is turning it's back on the Republican party and walking away in droves. Keep it up and it will mean guaranteed democrat leadership for years to come.

Last edited:

thurley42

HY;FR

In all seriousness that type of unnecessary hate and vitriol is exactly why mainstream America is turning it's back on the Republican party and walking away in droves. Keep it up and it will mean guaranteed democrat leadership for years to come.

It makes me sick that the world is full of morons like this.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell

During the heat of the Bush years, as an Independant, I too would say I side with many of the Democratic principles and objectives. But since losing so many veteran Democrats that clearly remember the Vietnam War and the Nixon turmoil and then electing Obama... that is no longer an option. When are you people going to learn that Obama is nothing more than an extention of Bush. He has clearly become an Imperial President. He has clearly violated and some ways destroyed more of the Constiution than any other President. Before election in 2008 he campaigned against many of the evil Bush tactics, the Patriot Act, the Wire Tapping, the Torture, the Secret Prisons and he got elected and turned 180 degree on these, immediately renewing the Patriot Act. Now with the 2010 NDAA, he has placed authority on himself to imprison or KILL any American for the sake of national security. He holds a kill list that upon his grand order, anyone can be a target because he says so! He's turned his back on his main stream supporters and gerrymandered the last election to make 4 states the primary, leaving the rest of the country silenced! He's submitted executive orders by passing the consitutional law regarding gun control. And all these imperial powers will now get passed to the next and future president!

What we need is a 3rd party to take control and start to clean this up... or we are doomed as a free country of liberty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It makes me sick that the world is full of morons like this.

But he's correct.

Forcing your religious beliefs on other people is not only unconstitutional, it's also a bad way to expand your membership. Nobody is being forced to be immoral by any party. Nobody is forcing you to be gay, or have an abortion, or root for the 49ers this Sunday. So BOP's statement is incorrect to start with.

Keep trying to legislate peoples' personal lives and you will guarantee Democrat leadership for years to come.