Owe'mally

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
did I hear Correctly, MOM wants a 'sales tax' on the Gas Tax .......

so what now :shrug: tax on our taxes ........

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
the Good News is VA is talking about abolishing their GAS TAX ..... I know where I will be filling up ....

glhs837

Power with Control
I live too far south in St Marys for that to work.....Hmmm. if I take the two five gallon cans on the 50mpg motorcycle and fill up. Lets see. -.17 for VA losing their tax, assume worst case, MD adds .5, for a total of 28 cents a gallon, county adds 3 cents, that's 48 cents a gallon less, might be worth it at that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I live too far south in St Marys for that to work.....Hmmm.

Nope I completely Understand ....

... I however live right near National Harbor. so it is a short hop for me to dash over to Telegraph Rd. and fill up ....

also think about all those smokers running over the Nice Bridge to get smokes, they can get a 2-fer when the gas tax goes away - actually the gas at that Sheetz is always cheap anyway

glhs837

Power with Control
Next up, required fuel tank transponders for all cars sold in MD that report fuel state when leaving MD, any increase over that when returning will lead to a $200 citation being sent to your home:)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Next up, required fuel tank transponders for all cars sold in MD that report fuel state when leaving MD, any increase over that when returning will lead to a $200 citation being sent to your home:)

:buddies:

hmm that would take care of avoiding a GPS based Tax System as well ....... if I always fill up in VA, MD never gets the tax money ....

bcp

In My Opinion

way to get around such a thing would be to add the additional 90 gallon tank to the truck, leave the state with a full gas tank, fill the 90 and top off the truck tank in VA, come on back in.

Gives me 130 gallons to use for the car and truck for a couple weeks, then do it again.
I would love to own a gas station in VA right over the state line right now.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
way to get around such a thing would be to add the additional 90 gallon tank to the truck, leave the state with a full gas tank, fill the 90 and top off the truck tank in VA, come on back in.

I have 5 Jerry Cans I could do this with ...... Run the Saturn for 3 weeks ....