OMalley's Second Amendment end run

Vince

Omalley will make sure that Concealed Carry in Maryland will go to the back burner if not go away entirely, but that's what he's wanted all along. We will be lucky if we don't have to fight just to keep the guns we own. They don't realize the can of worms that they are opening.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Omalley will make sure that Concealed Carry in Maryland will go to the back burner if not go away entirely, but that's what he's wanted all along. We will be lucky if we don't have to fight just to keep the guns we own. They don't realize the can of worms that they are opening.

They know, by they, I woud say Fiestein, O'Malley and Coumo along with Barry all know what they are doing.
First they are going to all but vacate the second amendment. They are going to use the "dead babies" in Newtown as poster children in their anti-gun crusafe. Woe be it the congressman that votes agains their legislation to ban guns for they will be sotned to death as baby killes.

bulldog

That is exactly what we ARE doing.

Anyone, anyone at all who cares about this issue should take the day off on February 6th, go to Annapolis and testify at the hearings.

If you're not willing to do that, the consequences are on you.

Vince

The following misguided policies can be found in Senate Bill 281 and House Bill 294:

· A ban on the transport, sale, purchase, transfer or possession of commonly owned semi-automatic centerfire rifles that have a detachable magazine and one additional characteristic – such as a pistol grip, telescoping stock, flash suppressor, threaded barrel etc. under the political misnomer “assault weapons.” Currently owned firearms must be registered with the Maryland State Police before November 1, 2013, and persons moving into Maryland must register all regulated firearms within thirty days of residency.

· Further restrictions on magazine capacity to allow for no more than ten rounds.

· Require a state permit to purchase, rent, or otherwise be in possession of a handgun. This permit would be obtained from the Maryland State Police after prospective gun purchasers complete a mandatory 8-hour gun safety class, submit their fingerprints to a state-run database, and undergo an extensive state-funded background check – in addition to the federal background check. Additionally, every new Maryland gun owner would have to reapply for a license to keep their legally possessed firearm every five years. All of these new requirements have fees that only penalize law-abiding gun owners.
The above is just more on what this idiot governor is trying to pass in Maryland. This will create a nightmare for Maryland gun owners, the law abiding ones, and Law Enforcement.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
That is exactly what we ARE doing.

Anyone, anyone at all who cares about this issue should take the day off on February 6th, go to Annapolis and testify at the hearings.

If you're not willing to do that, the consequences are on you.

Cuz everyones off on Wednesdays to go to hearings... Uh, sure.

Chris0nllyn

Yea, maybe we should ask that they wait until the weekends to pass legislation they know the people don't want.

You know, so the people can come out in droves and testify until 3am as opposed to the estimated midnight end time next Wednesday.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
Yea, maybe we should ask that they wait until the weekends to pass legislation they know the people don't want.

You know, so the people can come out in droves and testify until 3am as opposed to the estimated midnight end time next Wednesday.

Sure, why not, since it affects real people- we need real people hours...:dye:

bulldog

If it's not important enough to you to take a day off, no problem. Just don't biatch when things suck for all of us and you did absolutely nothing to make a difference.

Yeah, yeah, I know...there are some who can't get off or afford to take off. I get that and don't hold it against them. If you're one of those, fine, but get on the phone, send e-mails and letters and let the legislators know how you feel.

My guess though...you're probably perfectly able to take the day off, but just don't want to cuz it ain't important enough to you.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
If it's not important enough to you to take a day off, no problem. Just don't biatch when things suck for all of us and you did absolutely nothing to make a difference.

Yeah, yeah, I know...there are some who can't get off or afford to take off. I get that and don't hold it against them. If you're one of those, fine, but get on the phone, send e-mails and letters and let the legislators know how you feel.

My guess though...you're probably perfectly able to take the day off, but just don't want to cuz it ain't important enough to you.
Thanks for deciding my thinking for me. Do me a favor, do your own.

On a lighter note, Ive sent plenty of letters that went unopened many occaisions by political agenda types, and phone calls dont work much either. Yet I guess since youre so worried about how my decisions might affect "everyone else" it matters to, I guess Ill go back to letting the politicians continue their railroad run to that brick wall out yonder. It seems thats what they all want in spite of what we the people want whether they show up for hearings, send letters, make phone calls, or not.

DEEKAYPEE8569

This is all sad but true. "So write to the Governor's office," right?
Well, I am in the process right now. I'm researching stats for Maryland; citing articles about his stance on gun purchases, ownership and the seldom mentioned CCW laws. I am also researching our "neighbors;" PA, WV and VA; comparing their violent crime rates to ours. We are still higher. Why? Because all three of those states are Shall-Issue states, if my research is valid.
I might also mention something about not "demonizing" handguns specifically. They, like the hammer, are tools; tools to be used by the mentally competent and by every law abiding person who is of legal age to own a handgun.
Or, I'll just go spit in the ocean. Might have better luck.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
Theres a definite agenda here, and all the voices in the world wont have enough say, Im afraid. Sandy Hook became the thrust and convenient beginning to disarm Americans and I think it goes all the way to the Oval office and the States are all going to follow suit so their funding and whatever else isnt threatened. I see a whole lot of mimickry in Omalleys bill right along side Obamas garbage. Cant wait until he jumps onboard the Obamacare bandwagon and starts fining people and corporations for not having health insurance too. Welcome to Obama-nation, peeps. Hope youre happy in whom youve voted for.

Vince

This is all sad but true. "So write to the Governor's office," right?Well, I am in the process right now. I'm researching stats for Maryland; citing articles about his stance on gun purchases, ownership and the seldom mentioned CCW laws. I am also researching our "neighbors;" PA, WV and VA; comparing their violent crime rates to ours. We are still higher. Why? Because all three of those states are Shall-Issue states, if my research is valid.
I might also mention something about not "demonizing" handguns specifically. They, like the hammer, are tools; tools to be used by the mentally competent and by every law abiding person who is of legal age to own a handgun.
Or, I'll just go spit in the ocean. Might have better luck.
Write to Omalley? I might as well set my head on fire with a blow torch and have it put out with a sledge hammmer.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wow... talk about preaching to the choir. Baltimore, Largo, and Rockville. All three of those places are breeding grounds for the violent criminals that do not want people to be able defend themselves:

made a little correction to properly reflect the real reason for locations.

Chris0nllyn

I don't know if anyone is watching the Senate hearing on Gun Control, but Baltimore County's police shief is testifying.

He said that "assault weapons, and hi-cap mags are being used everyday,. and being seized everyday....they are a problem".

Really? The FBI crime stats show 2 murders by ANY type of rifle in 2011....