Now I understand!

limblips

PREMO Member
This is from an article (long) about the "Gang of Eight" coming up with an immigration proposal.

The White House praised the group's efforts but warned that Obama would not be satisfied until there was meaningful reform. The president "will continue to urge Congress to act until that is achieved," a White House spokesman said.

It has always been my belief that politicians were supposed to be pleasing their constituants not the president. But then I went to public school and we didn't have a monarchy then!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Neither side will find this acceptable I'm sure. Within SECONDS of the presser ending, Marsha Blackburn was on MSNBC whining about it.

tommyjo

This is from an article (long) about the "Gang of Eight" coming up with an immigration proposal.

The White House praised the group's efforts but warned that Obama would not be satisfied until there was meaningful reform. The president "will continue to urge Congress to act until that is achieved," a White House spokesman said.

It has always been my belief that politicians were supposed to be pleasing their constituants not the president. But then I went to public school and we didn't have a monarchy then!

Reads like you overpaid for your education:

Here are two new words for you to look up in your dictionary.

1. "Proposal"...you seem to be of the opinion that a legislative proposal is the same as or equal to a law.

2. "Monarchy": this is not the system of govt we have.

PsyOps

Pixelated

1. "Proposal"...you seem to be of the opinion that a legislative proposal is the same as or equal to a law.

And here's a word for you to look up:

Sarcasm: Something you seem unable to grasp.

limblips

PREMO Member

You voted for him didn't you? And by the way, my public education did teach me to put an apostrophe when you contract the word government to gov't.