Again... YOU are not as important

PsyOps

Pixelated
Stinking hypocritical leftwing tyrants. Not only are we not allowed to have the same protection as our elites on the left, but you are interrogated for even approaching the elite and asking a question; which goes unanswered.

Last edited:

tommyjo

Stinking hypocritical leftwing tyrants. Not only are we not allowed to have the same protection as our elites on the left, but you are interrogated for even approaching the elite and asking a question; which goes unanswered.

"Hypocritical leftwing tyrants"?? Really? The "reporter" just "approached" and asked a question? That's what you saw in this?

You should apply for a job at Fox or Glenn Beck...you certainly have the intelligence level and spin capability to be a star "reporter" there.

SamSpade

...you certainly have the intelligence level and spin capability to be a star "reporter" there.

Do you? Jason Mattera has written a NYT best-seller and graduated summa cum laude and hosts a radio show. And whatever you think of what he does, he does have the creds as a journalist.

His style of "ambush journalism" is what reporters used to do all the time - but for some reason, they refrain from doing to high ranking Democrats. For example, we have this past week the interview of Obama and Hillary by Steve Kroft - a journalist not normally known for tossing softballs and holding mushy interviews.

PsyOps

Pixelated
"Hypocritical leftwing tyrants"?? Really? The "reporter" just "approached" and asked a question? That's what you saw in this?

You should apply for a job at Fox or Glenn Beck...you certainly have the intelligence level and spin capability to be a star "reporter" there.

Well then, explain why it is Bloomberg refused to answer the question? Please explain why it is Bloomberg is entitled to have massive armed security surrounding him while he pushes for laws that diminish ordinary private citizens their right to do the same? And why is it when this member of the media asks a very valid question warrants Bloomberg’s security entourage to perform an interrogation of the reporter and be followed?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
His style of "ambush journalism" is what reporters used to do all the time - but for some reason, they refrain from doing to high ranking Democrats.

Progressives do not want to answer tough questions or look bad ..... I think any interviews agreed upon today, come with pre screening questions or pre agreed upon questions

Ambush a Libby, never get called back

Vince

Well then, explain why it is Bloomberg refused to answer the question? Please explain why it is Bloomberg is entitled to have massive armed security surrounding him while he pushes for laws that diminish ordinary private citizens their right to do the same? And why is it when this member of the media asks a very valid question warrants Bloomberg’s security entourage to perform an interrogation of the reporter and be followed?
:crickets:

SamSpade

Well, what did you expect? The immediate and predictable response was to attack the credibility of the journalist - not to address the stark hypocrisy of someone making use of armed guards but attempting to thwart the rights of others to be armed.

If there was a sensible, rational explanation, it would easy to respond with one.

frogman123

How is this even an argument? Political figures are targets- that plain an simple. Why wouldn't they have armed security against nut jobs like you people?? The things you people post just keep getting more and more ridiculous. Wow.

Chris0nllyn

How is this even an argument? Political figures are targets- that plain an simple. Why wouldn't they have armed security against nut jobs like you people?? The things you people post just keep getting more and more ridiculous. Wow.

I don't think anyone here is arguing the fact that they have security. Try and keep up.

The point here is, if the mayor wants to ban guns, will he lead by example and disarm his security detail?

If not, why? Why can't regular citizens have the chance to protect themselves with a firearm? A person walking home at 2am is more likely to have something happen to them, than the Mayor.

Why do those in power feel like every citizen is a ticking time bomb?

bcp

In My Opinion
I they make the area around the politicians no gun zones, they could then get rid of security

PsyOps

Pixelated

Just once, rather than attacking people like me who are asking legitimate questions, I'd like for people like ToJo to just come out and defend what people like Bloomberg are doing. Defend the hypocrisy of government officials enjoying all the protections in the world - at tax payers' expense - while at the same time telling people like me that I'm not entitled to defend myself because an extreme few choose to violate the law? That I'm just not smart enough to handle a semi-automatic rifle.

Just once ToJo... a meaningful debate on the issues.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I say this every time someone like you brings this up… Our elected officials are entitled to have protections. But does that mean I am less entitled to because I don’t hold some elite status of a politician or Hollywood actor? I can’t afford to hire armed guards, so I have to depend on ME to defend myself, my family, and my property. I have a right to do so.

There is no politician that is more important than the citizens that elect them into office. They, just like you and I, are replaceable if they are knocked off.

And for the record… this nut job spent 20 years in the military willing to die for every president (D and R) I served. Bloomberg doesn’t need protection from this nut job. But we, the law-abiding citizens, need protection from nut jobs like you who feel we peasants are not entitled to defend ourselves.

bcp

In My Opinion
Every morning, I wake up and check the news to see if the nut jobs of all nut jobs went and successfully did something totally stupid.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
PsyOps PsyOps PsyOps - when are you going to understand. The left can do and say whatever they want and everyone else must follow the rules. This is all part of the Hypocritic Oath the left takes - do as I say NOT as I do. Let's face it - look at all the fools that voted Obama back into office!!!:killingme

PsyOps

Pixelated
PsyOps PsyOps PsyOps - when are you going to understand. The left can do and say whatever they want and everyone else must follow the rules. This is all part of the Hypocritic Oath the left takes - do as I say NOT as I do. Let's face it - look at all the fools that voted Obama back into office!!!:killingme

If this wasn’t so serious about what the left is trying to accomplish, I’d be laughing with you about the stupidity about it. The thing is, it’s getting real traction in this country. With every new shooting (and the media is now able to exploit nearly every shooting to further promote the gun control agenda) Americans seem to be more convinced that we need to start banning these guns. Pro 2nd amendment advocates are losing this battle. And it even seems ridiculous that we would even have pro and anti 2nd amendment people in this country. Our constitution – my God our constitution. Does it really have no meaning to so many people?

And don't yell at me; it hurts my feelings.

bcp

In My Opinion
If this wasn’t so serious about what the left is trying to accomplish, I’d be laughing with you about the stupidity about it. The thing is, it’s getting real traction in this country. With every new shooting (and the media is now able to exploit nearly every shooting to further promote the gun control agenda) Americans seem to be more convinced that we need to start banning these guns. Pro 2nd amendment advocates are losing this battle. And it even seems ridiculous that we would even have pro and anti 2nd amendment people in this country. Our constitution – my God our constitution. Does it really have no meaning to so many people?

And don't yell at me; it hurts my feelings.

The more illegals they let in to vote, the less meaning it will have.
I almost think that a mandatory 4 or 5 years in the military for every U.S citizen would be a good thing.
might raise patriotism among the population if they actually felt as if they had done their part to preserve what made this country great in the first place.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The more illegals they let in to vote, the less meaning it will have.
I almost think that a mandatory 4 or 5 years in the military for every U.S citizen would be a good thing.
might raise patriotism among the population if they actually felt as if they had done their part to preserve what made this country great in the first place.

As much as I agree the military would be a good tool for teaching about protecting this country and the constitution, I still believe we are free to choose such things and it should stay that way.

Vince

You are the only thing stupid around here. Yeah, political figures are targets. What about the breakins in my neighborhood. I shouldn't be able to protect my children against assh*** nutjobs like you? Take your left wing liberal anti-gun crap and stick it up your azz. I am so sick of people like you it's pathetic. You are pathetic.

RPMDAD

I they make the area around the politicians no gun zones, they could then get rid of security

I agree with you, seems to work in school zones. Poor poor elite have to be protected so they can keep ruining this country. They just feel the rules they want to shove down our throats don't apply to them and their families, unlike us poor working law abiding stiffs.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
The left has the media (i.e., MSNBC, etc.) on their side which means that they will always spin everything and anything the left does as good. On top of that - the left wants everyone to be on the "payroll" (i.e., welfare, etc.) - this in turn will guarantee their re-election because those getting the "hand outs" will be afraid (based on the media and left) that the Republican party will make them go back to work and take away their allotments. The Democrats will be in office for a long time until our Economy Collapses completely. At that point - the left will blame it all on the Republican's (as they do now). It is scary but the balance of those getting money for doing nothing has shifted toooo far. Such a shame...