Hoyer Thinks Legalizing Illegals is Jiffy

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
The USA is in the worst economic strait since the Great Depression, more than 20% of our fellow citizens are unemployed or underemployed (using real stats, not the crap they release from DC), corporations continue to move manufacturing to China where they can take advantage of the slave labor forces, and the mega-corporations pay zero taxes ... and one of the first priorities of the new administration is to legalize millions of illegal immigrants. This is basic Econ 101, if you flood the market with an item (labor in this case) and the prices will become further depressed.

Kinda makes you wonder what the aristocracy for whom Obama and Hoyer work have in store for us plebes.

Hoyer Statement on President Obama's
Immigration Reform Proposal

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today in response to President Obama's speech calling for comprehensive immigration reform:

“President Obama has stated clearly that comprehensive immigration reform will be a top priority during his second term, and today he took an important step by laying out a smart, workable, and fair vision for how we can achieve this long-sought goal through legislation. Taken together with an announcement by a bipartisan group of Senators that they intend to pursue a comprehensive reform bill over the next few months, it is an encouraging sign that the challenge of how to address the millions of undocumented people living in our communities may soon be met with the serious and cooperative approach this issue deserves.

“Comprehensive immigration reform ought to address not only those seeking to remain here but the many others outside our borders who seek to join in building America’s future but have had to face a labyrinth of paperwork, long lines, and interviews stretching over months and even years. It must include securing our borders and also ensuring that the best and brightest from other countries who come here to study STEM subjects are able to remain and work for American companies so we can maintain our competitive advantage in a global marketplace. I hope that House Republicans will work with Democrats and with Senators from both parties to engage with the Administration to move quickly toward a comprehensive immigration reform bill that is fair and that lives up to the values that have led so many to seek a better life on our shores.”

PsyOps

Pixelated
The same law-loving, constitution-protecting people :sarcasm: that are trying to grant amnesty to a whole bunch of people that have violated our laws, are the same people that are trying to limit – if not repeal – law- abiding CITIZENS their rights to keep and bear arms.

Vince

I'm going to get furloughed in a month, 20% paycut to bring in more illegals, get gun control going, cancel medicare, more money for obamacare, etc. etc. Obama and his demoncraps are sending this country into the toilet. I'm paying more and making less for nothing. I've held a job since I was 12 years old and now obamyassh### is telling me I can't afford to retire because he's giving my money away to those that aren't earning it. I'm so pizzed off I can't see straight.

Last edited:

tommyjo

The USA is in the worst economic strait since the Great Depression, more than 20% of our fellow citizens are unemployed or underemployed (using real stats, not the crap they release from DC), corporations continue to move manufacturing to China where they can take advantage of the slave labor forces, and the mega-corporations pay zero taxes ... and one of the first priorities of the new administration is to legalize millions of illegal immigrants. This is basic Econ 101, if you flood the market with an item (labor in this case) and the prices will become further depressed.

Kinda makes you wonder what the aristocracy for whom Obama and Hoyer work have in store for us plebes.

Oh for Pete's sake...stop quoting "ECON 101" and GO TAKE ECON 101!!

Password

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/u...-bipartisan-immigration-principles.html?_r=1&

Senators Call Their Bipartisan Immigration Plan a ‘Breakthrough’.

WASHINGTON — A bipartisan group of senators unveiled on Monday a set of principles for comprehensive immigration legislation that includes a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million immigrants already in the country illegally, contingent on first securing the nation’s borders.

The group hopes to have legislation drafted by March, and a vote before the August recess. Speaker John A. Boehner, whose support will be crucial for shepherding any bill through the Republican-controlled House, did not comment on the principles, but his office offered a brief statement.

“The speaker welcomes the work of leaders like Senator Rubio on this issue,” referring to Marco Rubio, the Florida Republican. The speaker “is looking forward to learning more about the proposal in the coming days,” said Michael Steel, a spokesman for Mr. Boehner.

Five of the group’s eight senators — Charles E. Schumer of New York, Richard J. Durbin of Illinois and Robert Menendez of New Jersey, all Democrats, and Mr. Rubio and a fellow Republican, John McCain of Arizona — made the announcement. Senators Jeff Flake of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, both Republicans, and Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado, a Democrat, were not present but are part of the group.

The eight senators, Mr. Schumer said, “have come together on a set of bipartisan principles for comprehensive immigration reform legislation that we hope can pass the Senate in overwhelming and bipartisan fashion.”

“We still have a long way to go, but this bipartisan movement is a major breakthrough,” he said.

The group described four main pillars: border enforcement, employer enforcement, the handling of the flow of legal immigration (including temporary agricultural workers and high-skilled engineers) and a pathway to citizenship for those who entered the nation illegally. Mr. McCain called the pathway to citizenship the “most controversial piece of immigration reform,” saying that the current situation amounts to “de facto amnesty” and that the illegal immigrants deserve a chance to live legally in the country and ultimately become citizens.

“We have been too content for too long to allow individuals to mow our lawn, serve our food, clean our homes and even watch our children, while not affording them any of the benefits that make our country so great,” he said. “I think everyone agrees that it’s not beneficial to our country to have these people hidden in the shadows.”

Mr. Schumer said that he and Mr. Durbin spoke Sunday evening with President Obama, who plans to deliver his own speech on immigration Tuesday in Nevada, and that “he couldn’t be more pleased.” Mr. Menendez met with the president Friday as part of a meeting that the White House held with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

Democratic and Republican senators alike had feared that any White House proposal could undercut their efforts by frightening away Republican lawmakers skittish about backing Mr. Obama’s plan. When it became clear last week that the president planned to detail his own immigration blueprint on Tuesday, they rushed to make their announcement ahead of him. When asked if the senators’ proposal was undercutting the president, Mr. McCain replied that he thought their principles helped Mr. Obama.

So they are beating Mr. Obama to the punch.

The DNC would support shipping them all back in a heartbeat, if it suited their goals. Neither party could give a damn about the well being and status of immigrants. This is about control and the power all those new voters will give to your party.

71% of Latinos (who make up 17% of the population and are quickly growing) voted for Obama. Republicans won't win the White House for 100 years if they continue to oppose immigration reform. This is part of the reason I see republicans suddenly FOR the immigration reform.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... and one of the first priorities of the new administration is to legalize millions of illegal immigrants. This is basic Econ 101, if you flood the market with an item (labor in this case) and the prices will become further depressed.

did you see the article from Red State I posted ...

Perforce, when they speak of “comprehensive immigration reform” they are referring to the following: complete amnesty of all illegals so they can immediately sign up for welfare programs and commence the path towards becoming a permanent Democrat voting bloc; an even larger increase in legal immigration from the third world and from countries that represent a security risk; more welfare recipients now – enforcement later (or never).

This is the brutally honest reality of the liberal immigration policy desideratum. Any Republican who plunges into this debate while disregarding this reality is willfully ignoring the statements and actions of Democrats over the past several decades.

Democrats - altruistic motives published in the news, may be helping these poor souls out, but don't you ignore the fact for a second, they are not also expecting payback in the form of a new voting bloc from those grateful to have escaped their home country

:coffee:

glhs837

Power with Control
As far as I know, the bipartisan plan is supposed to ban folks in the immigration program from receiving any govt assistance of any kind. As I heard Mcain explain it, seemed pretty simple. Devils in the details, as always.

1. Secure the border. Many say this cant be done, I say it's simply because we haven't really tried. Like giving as tech center sophmore class the parts to a car and tool boxes and saying later, "See, building a car is impossible". And if you wont do this, just give up.

2. Requires back taxes and/or fines. I know someone said it was hard to do, well, so are many other things we do every day, doesnt stop us.

3. Requires them to go to the back of the line for legal immigration.

4. Requires them to learn English and pass the citizenship test, of course.

Now, I know there are those who still scream "Eff it, ship'em back, all 11 or 15 million. Me, I think while that's possible, the cost, not only direct, but indirect, and the ill will we will garner around the world makes it not feasible. However, if the only ones you have to ship are ones who refused the perfectly reasonable path to inclusion, well, then not only are you dealing with more manageable numbers, but morally, it's a better place to be. If you give someone enough rope and they hang themselves, that's their fault.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now, I know there are those who still scream "Eff it, ship'em back, all 11 or 15 million.

what about all the 'add ons'

once they ones here are 'Legal' then come the 3 - 15 relatives per current resident .... Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins .......

glhs837

Power with Control
Obama [according to The Blaze] said in a speech yesterday , Amnesty NOW ...... he wasn't securing the border

I was specifically talking about the plan that McCain was fronting. The supposedly really bipartisan one. But of course, the only real way to be bipartisan in The Wons eyes is the just do what he wants.

As for relatives, how do we handle the relatives of other legal immigrants?