Internet

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
My parents live out in the sticks where cable AND DSL isnt available for internet service. So my questions is Besides Satellite internet, What are some companies that offer unlimited mobile broadband? Right now they have that verizon mifi thing and want to change companies. thanks :howdy:

Last edited:

libby

I'm waiting on the phone right now for Verizon to explain why our internet has been up and down and up and down for 5+days. I'm getting so ticked off, and my kids need the internet to do their homework. I can barely understand the guy I'm speaking to, and what I can understand seems to be no more than, "the test is still running, give me a moment."

If you have a choice, don't use Verizon.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I'm waiting on the phone right now for Verizon to explain why our internet has been up and down and up and down for 5+days. I'm getting so ticked off, and my kids need the internet to do their homework. I can barely understand the guy I'm speaking to, and what I can understand seems to be no more than, "the test is still running, give me a moment."

If you're willing to wait in line, many public libraries offer free internet. Now that JPC isn't officially running for office, there should be a terminal available (once the Section 8 people get off their fantasy football pages).

psc93

Verizon DSL is great if you live in an area that's blessed with a strong signal, otherwise the constant disconnects will drive you nuts. We have it at work and I think I can count the number of times that it has gone out on us on the fingers of one hand, with several left over. On the other hand, I had it installed in my house when I moved in down here in Great Mills about five years ago and the signal was so poor that it constantly disconnected. I cancelled after the first month and switch over to Metrocast Cable Internet, which has been incredibly reliable.

If cable internet isn't the answer OP, do a search for 'Verizon Home Fusion', it's your best bet if you can handle the data caps.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

If cable internet isn't the answer OP, do a search for 'Verizon Home Fusion', it's your best bet if you can handle the data caps.

Right now they have that verizon mifi thing and want to change companies

Other than the external "cantenna" there isn't much of a difference.

AND if they don't have 4G NOT an option. Fusion only works on 4G..

NewsJunky

I was dealing with the same issues back in October thru December. Finally gave up and switched to Metrocast. Best decision I ever made. Verizon stinks.