The media does it again

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate the Post. We subscribe to it because Larry likes to read it in the morning with his coffee but, if it were up to me, I'd cancel it in a minute and get a REAL paper.

They printed the names of those boys that "raped" that girl in the bathroom of an Ellicot City high school, blasted them all over the place and assumed guilt on them. Then, the next day, the "victim" comes clean - she was a slut stooping for the troops and the whole thing was consentual.

That just burns me up! The media goes out of its way to not print the names of alleged victims but they plaster the names of the perpetrators like the second coming. They don't bother to wait and see if a real crime has been committed - just ruin reputations at-will. Now, just like Richard Jewell, these kids have been convicted by the media and their lives are ruined over something they didn't do.

I think our media goes too far and needs to have some restrictions put on it. I get really tired of First Amendment rights being interpreted as being able to invade people's privacy and print false accusations about them.