Watch for Obamacare tax on receipts

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Why Was a 2.3% ‘Medical Excise Tax’ Showing Up on Receipts from Sporting Goods Giant Cabela’s? | TheBlaze.com

January 1, 2013 brought a host of new taxes, fees, and charges to the American people. Some of them were anticipated. Others, like the Medical Device Excise Tax (MDET), were not — at least not in this way.

How so? Well, the MDET has started showing up on the receipts for purchases made at sporting goods giant Cabela’s. This receipt from one such store in Texas is making the rounds on the web. It shows an additional tax has been added to the purchase, after the local sales tax of nearly 10% was charged.

At the end of the day, the Medical Device Excise Tax was supposed to generate an additional $29 billion to help pay for Obamacare. During the deliberations of the 2009 law, the bill’s authors envisioned the $29 billion coming from “big companies” who made or imported the devices. More than one of the medical device manufacturers say that their operating profit margins are so thin, that they have no choice but to pass the cost on to consumers.

It appears that much of the $29 billion will be coming from the pockets of consumers.

bcp

In My Opinion
Might be worth buying things over the internet from outside the country

really pisses me off to think I have to pay to keep welfare people alive to suck off my tax dollar.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
this was covered a month ago ....

it is True 2.3% tax on medical devices,

Texas where the receipts originated, allows a company to pass the tax along to Customers ...

Cabela's Admitted they made a mistake and rectified the matter