Here's why Ron Paul can't be POTUS

C

czygvtwkr

Agreed, his followers were blind to his shortcomings. Message was mostly good, he just was not the right person.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I fail to see the issue here.

Using a death to make political points is wrong when either side does it. This isn't the time to be making insensitive comments. In essence, he is blaming the victim.

I understand his point and don't disagree, but his timing and delivery are why he is seen as being on the fringe.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ron Paul is anti-military and that comment was demeaning to a decorated hero.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Using a death to make political points is wrong when either side does it. This isn't the time to be making insensitive comments. In essence, he is blaming the victim.

I understand his point and don't disagree, but his timing and delivery are why he is seen as being on the fringe.

Point taken. But I think RP is out of politics for good now and maybe feels he can take his comments a bit further than he could while he held office.

Chris0nllyn

Wrong? No.

Wrong timing? Yep.

Ron Paul is anti-military and that comment was demeaning to a decorated hero.

Ron Paul was in the military also.

He's anti-interventionist, not anti-military.

the comment was in bad taste, but I wouldn't say it was demeaning.

thatguy

Sure he is. The fool said if elected, he wouldn't worry one bit about Iran. He believes in sanctions and not military action.

how does not wanting to send troops to a forgein land to kill/be killed equal not supporting the military?

thatguy

He wants to cut defense spending and bring everyone home. He is not a friend to the military.

how is bringing service members home not being a friend to the military?
Every service member i have ever met was happy to come home.