Gun confiscation bill proposed in california: ‘we

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GUN CONFISCATION BILL PROPOSED IN CALIFORNIA: ‘WE CAN SAVE LIVES’

Under the sweeping gun control bills introduced by state Senate Democrats, all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines would be banned, all guns would be registered and gun owners would need a special permit just to buy ammunition.

The proposals appear to be even more draconian than New York’s recent gun control legislation, considered to be the toughest in the nation.

Mercury News has more details:

The 10-bill package constitutes the single largest gun control push in decades in the Golden State, which already boasts some of the nation’s strictest gun laws. It joins equally controversial proposals from Assembly Democrats that would regulate and tax ammunition sales and consider taking the state’s 166,000 registered assault weapons from their owners.
This first unified California plan comes less than a month after New York adopted its own sweeping package of new gun controls and President Barack Obama announced a package of executive actions, all in the wake of December’s Connecticut schoolhouse massacre. Even as this plan emerged Thursday, House Democrats’ gun violence task force was announcing 15 “policy principles,” including protecting Second Amendment rights but also instituting universal background checks and reinstating a federal assault weapons ban.

MMDad

Lem Putt
consider taking the state’s 166,000 registered assault weapons from their owners.

I hope that people can read this and see why we don't fall for their "it's just registration, we aren't going to take them. Stop being paranoid."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I really hope they pass it and governor moombeam signs it.

It should greatly accelerate the downfall of the state government.

Vince

No, it won't. Gun crime will definitely increase after the confiscation, but the liberal media out there will put a twist on it so it's still the fault of the guns and not the criminals. For them it will never be the fault of the dumb azz politicians like Feinstein that created the mess.

MMDad

Lem Putt

Not a chance. They'll pass it, then two years later they'll al be talking about how successful it is because the banned types of guns have been used in only 5% of killings since the ban. Nobody will ask what the percentage was before the ban. They certainly won't do the homework themselves and find out that all types of rifles were only used in 2.5% of murders in CA in 2011.

mamatutu

mama to two
They pass it and in 2 years they'll be annexed by Mexico

Scary, but could be true. Mexican immigrants (legal/illegal?) are trying to run Americans out of their own neighborhoods in SoCal. Very scary times.

I do want to ask the question; let's say weapons are confiscated in CA, or whatever state... will those confiscated weapons, eventually, be used against the patriotic, law abiding citizens that were forced to give them up? I do understand, that patriotic, law abiding citizens will not easily give up their weapons. Just a what if that I have been thinking about.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I do want to ask the question; let's say weapons are confiscated in CA, or whatever state... will those confiscated weapons, eventually, be used against the patriotic, law abiding citizens that were forced to give them up?

No
Confiscated weapons are destroyed. Taxpayer supplied funds will then be used to procure actual military grade weapons instead of ones that have similar cosmetic features

Hank

my war
Thanks, aps, for the answer. I still want you, among other select few on this forum on my survival team, when the s*it hits the fan. I might not be the Top Shot, but I am one hell of a cook, and can make a scrap of cloth into a whole room! :smile:

Being stuck with you on your survival team? Psshhhh.... Give me death!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I hope that people can read this and see why we don't fall for their "it's just registration, we aren't going to take them. Stop being paranoid."

Cali did the very same thing with SKS 'Assault Rilfles'

oh we JUST want them registered ..... a couple of yrs later its a ban, and you turned them in or certified they left the state

and they had your address on the registration form

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
No, it won't. Gun crime will definitely increase after the confiscation, but the liberal media out there will put a twist on it so it's still the fault of the guns and not the criminals. For them it will never be the fault of the dumb azz politicians like Feinstein that created the mess.

No, we have already seen what the liberals' response will be. BlueBalls himself points out that Chicago would be a gun-free paradise if only they'd stop selling guns outside the boundaries of Chicago. In other words, only a national, across-the-board ban on weapons will stop violence in Chicago.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No, we have already seen what the liberals' response will be. BlueBalls himself points out that Chicago would be a gun-free paradise if only they'd stop selling guns outside the boundaries of Chicago. In other words, only a national, across-the-board ban on weapons will stop violence in Chicago.

The flaw in their logic would be.. if this was true, the areas people are going to buy these guns should be worse crime riddled areas than Chicago itself..

But they aren't..

So it sounds like the surrounding areas have it right, and Chicago has it wrong.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The flaw in their logic would be.. if this was true, the areas people are going to buy these guns should be worse crime riddled areas than Chicago itself..

But they aren't..

So it sounds like the surrounding areas have it right, and Chicago has it wrong.

You'd think that. Except the liberals are still unwilling to admit that the areas of Chicago with nearly all the violence have that distinction for reasons other than presence of guns. Number one reason is the demographics of those areas.