Sept. 11th

romance

One of the sinners
I was just wondering how ya'll were going to spend your day tomorrow. IS anyone going to the candlelight vigils? Anybody going to anything special?

I will spend the day being thankful I have my family, for one. I want to have my candles lit with the TV vigil going on. I think I may sit down with the kids and make our own flags to hang outside. I seen a pretty cool way for kids to make them online out of construction paper so we may do that.

What about you all?

J

justhangn

I'll be sure the kids are in red, white and blue for school. Other than that, I'll probably spend it here in DC at work, just as I did last year when it happened.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I'll probably head over to the range and hit a few at a binLaden target. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
I suspect the only thing I will do differently is not turn the television on.
I agree, unless it is to watch a rented movie. It's to upsetting for me to keep watching it all over and over again. I had to stop reading the special section in the Post on Sunday because I thought I was going to be ill.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by RoseRed
I agree, unless it is to watch a rented movie. It's to upsetting for me to keep watching it all over and over again. I had to stop reading the special section in the Post on Sunday because I thought I was going to be ill.

Agreed! It is really upsetting to keep going over the same information. Unfortunately, most people have very short memories and this may actually get them fired up again to do something about the problem. We, as a country, are really good and mopping up the debris and making it look like it never happened, let us not forget the pain that has been afflicted on us by a foreign power.

romance

One of the sinners
I want to instill some sense of patriotism in my kids. I also think those who died last year should be remembered. I want my kids to grow up with some sense of something bigger then what they see around them every day.

SxyPrincess

I'll get my daughter off to school (wearing rw&b attire) then I'm off to work in DC.

I'll do my work, as usual. I'll listen to internet radio because I do not want to be reminded all day long about 9-11. When 5 o'clock rolls along (as it does bout the same time every day) I'll get into my Honda and drive home.

I'll eat dinner, watch the tube then fall asleep.

So, I guess it'll be just another routine day for me.

F

Flo

Commuting by bus and going into DC concerns me, as I remember very distinctly last 9-11, and where I was; stuck in DC for most of the day with fellow co-workers on the streets of DC in bumper-to-bumper traffic. That is usually what happens in snow storms, etc., when you let everyone go at one time in DC! I actually had to be told to leave the building by one of the guards, as I didn't want to leave with not knowing what kooks were out on the street or in the skies. With the part of not knowing what is on the outside, at the moment, I would have taken my chances on getting blown to pieces in a building! The news reports over the radio in my office had some of us so scared to even exit the building, as there were some reports of airplanes targeting overhead. More than likely, I will probably listen to some more news reports tonight, just in case the alert goes from "High" (Orange) to "Severe" (Red). If it does, I plan to stay far away from DC, though of course who can say it won't happen the next day or the next?!? Can't really worry about it I guess, as what will be, will be!
:sad:

Will for the most part reflect on the past year, and pray for those that were not so fortunate.

K

Katie

I will be working same as normal. Maybe I will light a few candles for my cousins that got killed in the WTC. But other then that just another day. I also WON'T turn that stupid tv on at all, and will listern to CD and mp3's.

K

Kizzy

That is truely a very remarkable story! I am angry that the government isn't treating her with honor and respect. She WAS hurt on the job. She should NOT have any benefits reduced. This was no fault of her own.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I will go on with my life.

Wearing my red white and blue....and hangin my signs in my car. I hung the signs on 235 near the Bean building and the early bird ( I am usre you all have seen them)

I will come home and kiss my fiance and tell him how much he means to me. I will call and tell my dad that I love him. I will go to church to help those who lost ones in the pentagon...helping them to know I am there.

I will go to bed, holding my fiance tight as possible...letting him know I love him. Pray to God that he will protect us, and hopfully God willing wake up the next morning.

Be sure to remember to turn on your headlights for america. Let em shine high and bright. :smile:

So that is what I will be doing tomarrow

Cracka

There is supposed to be a moment of silence tomm at work,most likely we will have to keep working though.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
It's not something I'm proud of, but I still have moments where I want to see bin Laden tortured for the rest of his life. I don't want to see him dead, because he wants to be a martyr. I would get much more emotional satisfaction by seeing him humiliated and remorseful, begging us for his forgiveness.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
I'll probably head over to the range and hit a few at a binLaden target. :wink:
Put an extra round or two in him for me! :biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I am dressed patriotically, however I am not going to go to any vigils or attend any events.I think it is more for media attention than for real good - if these areas want to help - direct these people to a good ptsd counselor. And after my drive in to DC this morning listening to the radio for traffic and not getting it (not getting the traffic report from channel 9 before leaving the house either because of the special victim recognition they were doing)- I refuse to turn on the radio and the tv.
I support my country and our troops, I honor and respect those that have died or been injured - but through all the terrorist attacks - not just the ones for 9/11. I get a little angry when I hear the victims of 9/11 described as if they were the only ones victimised by terrorism, and their families the only ones dealing with loss. I am not detracting from that pain or grief, but I feel ALL should be recognized. Maybe then the ones that are whining about our "war on terror" taking too long would have a better understanding that this has been going on even longer than a year. Maybe everyone like that should also be reminded of our history - it took us over 4 yrs to fight our enemy during WW2 - and that's when we knew who they were and where they were located.
Sorry for my rant, I guess I really shouldn't listen to any more news or special reports. Plus on a personal level, I found out that my ex (who is still my really good friend) was injured last night in Afghanistan. I guess I should just work half a day and go to the range with Sharon cause I am just really angry today.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
I guess I should just work half a day and go to the range with Sharon cause I am just really angry today.
Well heck, you can all come...it wasn't very crowded yesterday. :cheers: