No MD taxes - energy star...

bcp

In My Opinion
They are tax free every day of the year in Delaware.
Its not that far and you can make a day out of it for the whole family.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
They are tax free every day of the year in Delaware.
Its not that far and you can make a day out of it for the whole family.

That is a long way to go with gas and tolls - plus, most of these local places will deliver for free... strapping an appliance to my vehicle is sort of a P.I.T.A.

If you have a military ID throw nother 10% off too! :howdy:

Use a Lowes card and 10% off too I believe. At least everything I bought there lately has been. Went in yesterday to look at a new washer because I'm not real happy with the spindless type and mine is making odd noises. Looks like now almost all of them are like that though. There were a lot of folks looking at appliances. Still wondering if I want to get one.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Use a Lowes card and 10% off too I believe. At least everything I bought there lately has been. Went in yesterday to look at a new washer because I'm not real happy with the spindless type and mine is making odd noises. Looks like now almost all of them are like that though. There were a lot of folks looking at appliances. Still wondering if I want to get one.

I went Saturday to get my fridge and the appliance place was nuts. But they were having a 10% off sale, no taxes on energy efficient items, and $100 rebate from Smeco on energy efficient items. It was a great deal.

bcp

In My Opinion
That is a long way to go with gas and tolls - plus, most of these local places will deliver for free... strapping an appliance to my vehicle is sort of a P.I.T.A.

Delaware is only about an hour and a half from me.
I would rather spend the travel time and money going there for things.
I take the truck, then I buy my stuff, fill up in Delaware and come home feeling all warm and cozy knowing that I was able to keep a few dollars out of marylands hands.

I went Saturday to get my fridge and the appliance place was nuts. But they were having a 10% off sale, no taxes on energy efficient items, and $100 rebate from Smeco on energy efficient items. It was a great deal.

Yep, I decided to go for it. Got one marked down from 699 to 599, consumer reports recommended. But when they rang it up it was only 512 after discounts. SMECO will give me 100 bucks so I got a new washer for 412. Not too shabby.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Yep, I decided to go for it. Got one marked down from 699 to 599, consumer reports recommended. But when they rang it up it was only 512 after discounts. SMECO will give me 100 bucks so I got a new washer for 412. Not too shabby.

:thumbsup:

I also noticed on the SMECO rebate form that they will come pick up your old fridge and give you $50 for recycling it so I'm scheduling that today.