Vance's View

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Did anyone else just see Jim Vance on channel 4 news, speaking of this sequestration?

Wow, he BLASTED congress for taking a vacation next week!

I'm gonna try to find it on youtube...

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
It's not there or on News 4's web page yet - I'll post it as soon as it's there - it's great!

ginwoman

He's old enough now that he doesn't really give a crap if what he says offends anyone. I like him but he is pretty liberal.

BOP

If we were liberals, we could claim to have seen it, even though it hasn't posted yet.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I seem to recall that Jim Vance used to do editorials at the end of the news cast many years ago. Anyone else remember this?

PsyOps

Pixelated
What’s also not mentioned here is government workers will be furloughed. What this means is they go to a 4 day work week, the one day without pay. I work with a civil service worker and he knows what this will do to his paycheck, but he doesn’t know what it will do to his benefits since it will cut him to part time employment. They will find out more next week.

I don’t know about you but I could have sworn Obama and the gang represents the middle class; which all of these civil service workers are. While they get furloughed, congress greedily accepts their pay raise AND goes on vacation. Unconscionable.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I LOVE Jim Vance!

Although I'm sure we usually differ politically - I agree with him 100% on this, and usually do with similar issues.

One thing I would quibble with: WE are not clients of Congress. THEY work for US. Period. And they have forgotten that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What’s also not mentioned here is government workers will be furloughed. What this means is they go to a 4 day work week, the one day without pay. I work with a civil service worker and he knows what this will do to his paycheck, but he doesn’t know what it will do to his benefits since it will cut him to part time employment. They will find out more next week.

I don’t know about you but I could have sworn Obama and the gang represents the middle class; which all of these civil service workers are. While they get furloughed, congress greedily accepts their pay raise AND goes on vacation. Unconscionable.

Of course, it's unconscionable. Obama represents the middle class? :killingme . Yeah, that's what THEY say. But too bad, so sad for the idiots and sad sacks that voted for him. THEY are the ones who fell for that dog & pony routine. Not I.