Psychotic Individualism

PsyOps

Pixelated
Charlie Rose interviewed Tony Kushner on his making of the Spielberg film 'Lincoln'. These are the progressives making our movies. They aren't out there only to entertain us anymore; they are going to educate us; educate us on how great government is:

Charlie Rose - Tony Kushner

Rose: The definition of the role of government is an ongoing theme of American politics…

Kushner: So you have these people, like the Tea Party people, protesting government and then asked if they really want to give up their Social Security payments, and they don’t seem to know that that’s actually a part of what government is. There’s a rejection of this sort of basic idea of human community behind the Reagan-era ideology that is really frightening, and it leads us to terrible, terrible places. And now that we’re facing challenges like climate change, that absolutely demand a global collective response, an organized global collective response; we have no hope for survival as a species if we continue down the path of this kind of this psychotic individualism. The individual is very important, but just as important to human beings is our relational capacity. And I think that it’s slowly turning around; I think that we’re beginning to see, in the last election we saw the real rejection of what Romney basically had to offer this same old trickle-down nonsense, and people said ‘I don’t believe it anymore’.

'Psychotic individualism'. You mean the kind of ‘psychotic individualism’ that gave birth to the light bulb, the telephone, the television, mass-produced affordable cars, google, amazon, cell phones... Does this progressive pinhead even realize what kind of ‘psychotic individualism’ he exercised in making this movie, and how the TRICKLE-DOWN profits from it will make him a very wealthy man? What did government do to make this happen? NOT A DAMN THING. But they aim to brainwash the low-information voter into believing they can't survive without government; all-the-while government is destroying everything they desire as an individual.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fascism: is a religion of the State, it assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. it is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. it takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, wither by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives. any rival identity is part of the "problem" and therefore defined as the enemy.

Hank

my war
Fascism: is a religion of the State, it assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. it is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. it takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, wither by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives. any rival identity is part of the "problem" and therefore defined as the enemy.

Shut up!

PsyOps

Pixelated

Except when it applies to them. Did government come in and demand that Kushner make this movie as a collective effort from society, with government input? Everything that has made this country great, this progressive misfit will directly benefit from. The very thing he speaks against – individualism – is the exact thing he exercised in making this movie. And the very thing he condemned – trickle-down economics – is the very thing he will get rich off of. Do you think he is going to take his cash earnings and give it to the government to distribute to those in need? The hypocrisy is so blatant, yet Americans keep their heads in the sand.

MadDogMarine

Fascism: is a religion of the State,.

Fascism is nothing more than Communism with a corporate flavor.
Large corporations are allowed to flourish and influence politics, social causes and/or wars with most profits going to the few select elite. It is also easier to launder drug money through corporate accounts and limit liability of it's corporate officers. Ever see a corporation go to jail?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Except when it applies to them. Did government come in and demand that Kushner make this movie as a collective effort from society, with government input?

everything for the State, Nothing Outside the state .... the state decides on salt, sugar, fat content ...... maybe you do not get meat at all

Total Gov. aka Totalitarian

PsyOps

Pixelated
everything for the State, Nothing Outside the state .... the state decides on salt, sugar, fat content ...... maybe you do not get meat at all

Total Gov. aka Totalitarian

The state decides on your healthcare, what guns you own (if any), who gets the drone...

philibusters

I don't know anything about Tony Kushner but the quote strikes me as somebody trying to be witty, deep, and profound and instead just producing a big statement that doesn't have a lot of substance to it. Its far from clear what he even means.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't know anything about Tony Kushner but the quote strikes me as somebody trying to be witty, deep, and profound and instead just producing a big statement that doesn't have a lot of substance to it. Its far from clear what he even means.

If you take the entire interview in context you’ll hear two themes:

How much Obama is like Lincoln.

The immense importance government is in our lives.

Kushner clings to the belief that government isn’t the enemy, when nearly everything they’ve done (at least) in the past 30 years has been little steps aimed at destroying our rights and the constitution. He claims that government is ‘the better angels of our nature’.

In this, he makes it clear that we are not individuals. He tried to tie Obama and Lincoln into this belief that they rejected individualism that would lead to such evil as individual success and achievement. And because this individualism exists outside of an intrusive government he called it ‘psychotic individualism’. We should not achieve and succeed without involvement and control of the government.

Things we’ll never hear from the mouth of Obama:

Lincoln said:
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

Obama is nothing like Lincoln.

dontknowwhy

he would be happy If I dried up and blew away ... I ruin his forum

because Hank is a luser midget in a pink bunny suit

he is a loser midget in a pink bunny suit sending me private messages...I don't swing that way Skank so stop asking...

and I really don't care if you're bottom friendly...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
'Psychotic individualism'. You mean the kind of ‘psychotic individualism’ that is President Obama...

I would have LOVED to interview this guy. In no time, I would have had him arguing that there are GREAT individuals such as Obama (Marx, Lenin, Stalin...) that we NEED in order to put the rest of us on the path of righteousness.

:lmao:

philibusters

Did my post clear up for you what Kushner meant?

Yeah, it gave me more of an idea what Kushner meant. Kushner doesn't strike me as especially profound in general, but I woiuld probably need to hear an elaborated version of his argument to decide if it really has merit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yeah, it gave me more of an idea what Kushner meant. Kushner doesn't strike me as especially profound in general, but I woiuld probably need to hear an elaborated version of his argument to decide if it really has merit.

The way elections have gone lately I think people would find him quite profound. That’s a sad shame.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you take the entire interview in context you’ll hear two themes:

How much Obama is like Lincoln.

In this, he makes it clear that we are not individuals. He tried to tie Obama and Lincoln into this belief that they rejected individualism that would lead to such evil as individual success and achievement. And because this individualism exists outside of an intrusive government he called it ‘psychotic individualism’. We should not achieve and succeed without involvement and control of the government.

Obama is nothing like Lincoln.

It's been fascinating seeing the co-opting of Lincoln as a path to justifying Obama because even the most cursory study of either one shows, rapidly, how different they are. Lincolns humble beginnings, working for a living, failures in early adult life, his relationship with his practical step mom, all core things that are totally different from Obama and his elite upbringing, his radical mom, his lack of work and his rapid rise in public service.

All of those things lead to who someone is as an adult and there the divergence is even greater. Lincoln enjoyed being around people smarter than he, he sought this. He relied on this to help form his own thoughts. Obama is totally different; he prefers to be, must be, the smartest guy in the room. He doesn't have any of the intellectual confidence of a Lincoln to deal with, let alone respect and learn from, those smarter or more experienced or thoughtful than he.

Obama is a malignant narcissist. A cult. Lincoln was humble and a very benign figure. Where Obama would start a day wondering, enthusiastically, what part of the Constitution he could get around today, much like Bush, Lincoln was pained and deliberate about doing things like that.

It is stunning that anyone would even begin to try and compare the two.