Windy McCready........

rack'm

Jaded
RIP

Mindy McCready is dead. Numerous sources are reporting that the country singer has taken her own life. She was 37. Few details are available, but the family is expected to make a statement soon.

Fox Nashville entertainment reporter Stacy McCloud first broke the news on Twitter saying, “A close family friend of Mindy McCready has informed me that the country singer has committed suicide. Not confirmed with OFFICIALS.

Mindy McCready Reported Dead

Dakota

~~~~~~~
She really had a lot of potential years ago but has been plagued with mental illness for so long.

MarieB

Never heard of her, so I looked it up

Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a report of gunshots fired Sunday afternoon and found McCready's body on the front porch, the statement read.
McCready leaves behind two boys, one of whom is 10 months old. The infant's father, record producer David Wilson, killed himself last month.
The singer struggled with addiction and mental illness, often publicly. She appeared in an episode of "Celebrity Rehab" three years ago with Dr. Drew Pinsky, who said he contacted her last month after her boyfriend's death.

"When I heard she was struggling, I did reach out to her and urged her to go to take care of herself, get in a facility if she felt she needed," said Pinsky, who hosts his own program on CNN's sister network HLN.
"Her biggest fear was the stigma of doing so and what people would think if she, God forbid, took care of herself. And this to me is the most distressing part of this story. She is a lovely woman, we have lost her, and it didn't have to go down like this."

Embattled country star Mindy McCready dead at 37 - CNN.com

All about her......I hope her other boy is also very young.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
At least she chose to off herself and not take her, or others kids with her.

Pinsky is a quack... mental illness is not curable unless you consider THIS the cure. Just like others everyone knew she was a whackjob but she was still running the streets... again, just glad she chose to do it proper and not take 10 or 20 people with her..q

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At least she chose to off herself and not take her, or others kids with her.

Pinsky is a quack... mental illness is not curable unless you consider THIS the cure. Just like others everyone knew she was a whackjob but she was still running the streets... again, just glad she chose to do it proper and not take 10 or 20 people with her..q

GD, and people call me harsh.

But I agree with you - surprise surprise. When stories of Mindy's mental breakdowns first started going around, I felt sorry for her. Nobody seemed to give a damn that she was imploding, all they cared about was the gravy train and exploiting her to sell their magazines.

And freaking Drew Pinsky - well, there he is attention whoring and trying to capitalize on this woman's death. I hate him.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Had to look her up, I'd never heard of her. What a mess.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Well, no. It's lucky for them. Now they might be raised by people who aren't mentally ill.

Yes, and no. While they hopefully will be placed with people who love them, they will always have that knowledge that one or both parents committed suicide. That is a huge, huge burden. There is also some indication that depression runs in families (genetically predisposed) so these babies will need a lot of help, especially the 6 year-old who is old enough to understand that mommy killed herself.

Pray for them, they will need it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
especially the 6 year-old who is old enough to understand that mommy killed herself.

His mom has been in rehab and mental hospitals most of his life and he probably barely knows her. When she wasn't gone, she was wigging out, using drugs, and getting the #### beat out of her by her boyfriends. We're not talking about a normal functioning family here.

I stand by my opinion that both of those kids got lucky yesterday.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
His mom has been in rehab and mental hospitals most of his life and he probably barely knows her. When she wasn't gone, she was wigging out, using drugs, and getting the #### beat out of her by her boyfriends. We're not talking about a normal functioning family here.

(Lest I get accused of always agreeing with you) I was going to say pretty much the same thing as you did here. But, having not really been that familiar with her except the brief things I read on the intrawebz, I didn't.

A completely dysfunctional parent is so damn destructive for children. Hopefully, these kids will have a better life than what they had.

MMM_donuts

I've actually met and spent time with her a few years ago while she dated a friend of mine. She made some very poor decisions but I think it's tragic that she was unable to overcome her troubles. It saddens me to see anyone that is so devastated by their life, that has lost all hope for future change, that they end theirs.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Mindy's boyfriend committed suicide last month but recently, the police have said foul play may have been involved. She was considered a suspect so that may have been why she killed herself. Perhaps she did have a role in his death? I read that a few days ago that she was a suspect so last night's news didn't surprise me. I thought that a report of her suicide would soon follow.

I was a fan back in the late 90's with Ten Thousand Angels& If I Don't Stay the Night albums. but since that time, she has spent more times on probation than in the top 50 with her OxyContin and alcohol addiction.

OxyContin is terrible enough to get hooked on but when mixed with alcohol, you have a whole lot of crazy going on. I'll be the 1st to say there is not much success in getting OxyContin addicts clean unless they go to a long term treatment facility. She was on probation a ton of times and court ordered to treatment (out patient) but I bet (IMO) she got a prescription for Tylenol #3's so she could still use her OxyContin pills. This way she would test positive with a prescription but was actually using OxyContin since most government probation tests don't differentiate the two. Her probation violations seemed to be motivated by new offenses and I find it hard to believe she was clean prior.

I think the kids are lucky for another reason. She shot and killed her family dog before killing herself so those kids are lucky they are not victims. Her children are young enough to recover from this. A long trial with much press coverage (had she been charged in her ex's death) would have been so much more damaging, IMO, to her children - especially if it ended in a conviction.

WARNING - there is sound on this link. But I wanted to mention her photos. At 37, IMO, she looked so much older than many of us in our mid-late 40's and beyond.

Mindy McCready dead: Tragic country star, 37, killed family dog before shooting herself | Mail Online

LuckyMe143

Her kids will need counciling for a long time. It's a sad situation but she is in a better place and so are her kids.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't think suicide got you to a better place.

For some people "not alive" is a better place.

I'm always fascinated by celebrities who seem to have the world by the tail, until they spiral out of control with substance abuse and mental illness. I'll spare you all my dissertation about why people feel the need to become famous and beloved by strangers ("...that’s because none of us got enough love in our childhoods. And that’s showbiz...Kid".) But that makes them susceptible to predators and drugs because so many of them are dysfunctional and have low self-esteem to begin with.

Whitney Houston's story drives me out of my mind but after finding out how her mom neglected and used her and is now trying to cash in on her death, it's no wonder she flamed out.