Proud to be American

wellcraft28

I am very grateful to be able to freely speak my mind about issues I care about. I am so very grateful that I have the freedom to worship God in a manor of my choosing. I am grateful that I can be safe in my home with secure in my possessions. All of these God given freedoms we can today enjoy because of an old yellowed piece of parchment signed by men who in doing so gave structure and direction to a new nation. That document is The Constitution of the United States Of America. It is as valid today as it was some 226 years ago. It is what makes our nation unique among all nations. Instead of trashing it and wanting to pick it apart we should honor and cherish it. Many have died to protect it and many today still strive to live under its protection. Yes, I am thankful for many things, but today, Presidents Day I am grateful to be an American!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm grateful for what we have left and sad as we lose more each passing year.

The last thing we should be celebrating is Presidents Day. The last two, their decisions, are at the top of the list of why America is dying.

Maybe we could us a Citizens Rights day. Or, maybe a US Constitution day? We seem to have lost much of an idea of what those two things are about as we waste so much celebrating celebrities.

:buddies:

BOP

November 4th, 2008: America's destruction assured. November 6th, 2012: what may be the final nail in the coffin was driven in.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am very grateful to be able to freely speak my mind about issues I care about. I am so very grateful that I have the freedom to worship God in a manor of my choosing. I am grateful that I can be safe in my home with secure in my possessions. All of these God given freedoms we can today enjoy because of an old yellowed piece of parchment signed by men who in doing so gave structure and direction to a new nation. That document is The Constitution of the United States Of America. It is as valid today as it was some 226 years ago. It is what makes our nation unique among all nations. Instead of trashing it and wanting to pick it apart we should honor and cherish it. Many have died to protect it and many today still strive to live under its protection. Yes, I am thankful for many things, but today, Presidents Day I am grateful to be an American!

I think you sent this to the wrong people. I believe you meant to send it to your representatives... you know, those people that continue to strip more and more away from you and the constitution?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It is as valid today as it was some 226 years ago.
Actually, no it is not. You really need to look into all the rights that are no longer guaranteed.
Its been posted over and over all the "rights" we've lost, but people just keep pretending that the loss of rights doesn't apply to them. And now the right to bear arms is under attack all across the US.

Just a little bit to read:
Patriot Act
HR 3199
NDAA
EPA regulations - you don't have the right to breathe and the government wants to charge you a carbon tax.
Justice Dept regulations - kill a US citizen without a trail - no problem. Illegal surveillance - no problem. No knock warrants - no problem. Monitoring your living room through your DVR - no problem. Installing surveillance equipment on your property without a warrant - no problem.
ObamaCare - you no longer have the right to privacy on medical issues and do not have the right to choose for yourself what the best care for you would be. Doctors aren't allowed to tell you either. Be declared mental and lose your right to bear arms. End of life care is limited. New treatment wanted - a panel has to evaluate and decide. You may be dead before that happens. Very interesting read if you can make it through the whole thing.
Veteran's rights - see the VA and be classified as mental and lose your right to bear arms.
Latest regs on home safety standards - your private home (not just HUD housing) can be searched at anytime for "mold" and other safety concerns.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actually, no it is not. You really need to look into all the rights that are no longer guaranteed.

Latest regs on home safety standards - your private home (not just HUD housing) can be searched at anytime for "mold" and other safety concerns.

Excuse Me ?