9 faith-based (and secular) alternatives to

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
9 FAITH-BASED (AND SECULAR) ALTERNATIVES TO THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA AMID FUROR OVER GAY BAN

NEW YORK (TheBlaze/AP) — With the Boy Scouts of America entangled in a furor over its ban on gays, lesser-known youth organizations across the ideological spectrum see an opportunity. They wonder if the turmoil might prompt some families to give them a closer look as options for their boys.

They range from Bible-based programs run by conservative religious organizations to coed, inclusive groups, including one founded on the basis of pagan beliefs.

None of the groups has the size or iconic status of the BSA, though some have been around for many decades.

Leaders of several of the groups, in public statements and interviews with The Associated Press, made clear they are following the Boy Scouts’ predicament with interest and pondering possible ramifications for their own prospects — though not seeking to profit from “someone else’s misfortune,” as one leader said.

and secular alternatives:

SECULAR PROGRAMS
Camp Fire:

Founded in 1910 as Camp Fire Girls of America, this organization changed its name and became coed in 1975. Boys now comprise almost half of its 300,000 youth participants, according to spokeswoman Catherine Lufkin.

Navigators USA:
This alternative scouting organization has its roots in a Boy Scout troop based in New York City’s East Harlem neighborhood and sponsored by the Unitarian Church of All Souls.

The Baden-Powell Service Association:

The BPSA was founded in 2008 by David Atchley of Washington, Mo., who as a leader of his son’s Cub Scout pack had a rift with regional BSA leaders over his efforts to adopt a nondiscrimination code.

SpiralScouts International:

This coed organization originated in 2001 at the Aquarian Tabernacle Church in Index, Wash., which serves a Wiccan community

Last edited:

tommyjo

You really are something.

You don't need an AR15 for protection against intruders. You need it to scare "those people" away from you because you are afraid you might get infected or something might rub off on you.

"Those people", of course, being anyone who doesn't look, think and act exactly like you do.

MMDad

Lem Putt

You don't need an AR15 for protection against intruders. You need it to scare "those people" away from you because you are afraid you might get infected or something might rub off on you.

"Those people", of course, being anyone who doesn't look, think and act exactly like you do.

:confused: What's wrong with bringing attention to alternative organizations that may serve those who don't want to be involved with BSA?

Looks like you are the one who is afraid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

You need it to scare "those people" away from you because you are afraid you might get infected or something might rub off on you.

NOPE Not Even Close,

I shake hands and talk with people opposed to my view point every week ......

I have not turned Gay, Muslim, or Progressive ....

bcp

In My Opinion

Based on the majority of your responses to posts here,
I am finding it hard to understand how you can not accept the fact that others may not share the same opinions as you do.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Based on the majority of your responses to posts here,
I am finding it hard to understand how you can not accept the fact that others may not share the same opinions as you do.

. . .or swap secretions with him.