Police to inspect the homes of ‘assault weapon’ ow

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘ORWELLIAN’: PROPOSED GUN LAW IN WASHINGTON STATE CALLS ON POLICE TO INSPECT THE HOMES OF ‘ASSAULT WEAPON’ OWNERS

With each proposed anti-gun bill put forth by Democrats across the U.S., the demands appear to be getting more and more restrictive on gun owners. While the Obama administration pushes for a ban on so-called “assault weapons” and universal background checks, Democrats in both California and Missouri have proposed legislation that would result in possible confiscation of semi-automatic rifles.

Now, Democratic lawmakers in Olympia, Wash. last week introduced legislation that would allow county sheriffs to inspect the homes of semi-automatic rifle owners once a year. Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat describes the move as “Orwellian.”

The proposed bill, Senate Bill 5737, would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable magazines and magazines that contain more than 10 rounds. It would also subject law-abiding gun owners to random searches by a county sheriff.

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection,” the bill states.

officeguy

I guess the Charles county plumbing inspector who comes out once a year to test my cross-connection backflow valve is part of that Orwellian world as well.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I guess the Charles county plumbing inspector who comes out once a year to test my cross-connection backflow valve is part of that Orwellian world as well.

No, because you pumping your #### all over the neighborhood has a better chance of killing someone than do my guns.

bcp

In My Opinion

Maybe if it were a right to own one you would have a,, oh wait,,,

the 2.5 amendment

A well functioning toilet being necessary to the bouquet of a pleasant state, the right of the people to keep and install cross-connection backflow valves should they ever be created equally, shall not be infringed

Nope, its right there listed as a right to the people, therefore he is correct, he should not be subjected to any form of intereference from government that could endanger his peaceful and rightful ownership of the valve.