No snow? Too much? It's global warming!

rmorse

Lol. Do some research on global climate change and you'll see that this has been talked about since the beginning.

Some spots will become much hotter, other spots much colder. For instance, global climate change has the possibility of disrupting the jet stream feeding warmer water to Europe, plunging Europe into a mini ice-age.

Now, I'm all good if you don't want to believe in it. That's your choice, just as it's my choice to believe in (some) of it. However, you should probably actually do some research before trying to discredit it.....Otherwise, you look just as silly as the other posters on this forum trying to say "OMG, blizzard! LOL, yea right global warming" or the reporters saying "OMG, hottest year on record, must be global warming."

bcp

In My Opinion
Lol. Do some research on global climate change and you'll see that this has been talked about since the beginning.

Some spots will become much hotter, other spots much colder. For instance, global climate change has the possibility of disrupting the jet stream feeding warmer water to Europe, plunging Europe into a mini ice-age.

Now, I'm all good if you don't want to believe in it. That's your choice, just as it's my choice to believe in (some) of it. However, you should probably actually do some research before trying to discredit it.....Otherwise, you look just as silly as the other posters on this forum trying to say "OMG, blizzard! LOL, yea right global warming" or the reporters saying "OMG, hottest year on record, must be global warming."

I have no doubt that the earth is warming in spme places more than others.
But, I also have doubts as to the extent that this is caused by man.
Didnt the earth go through an Ice age in the past? and didnt the earth warm up again and end that ice age?
Can you prove at any level that the current trend is not a natrual cycle?
If it happened in the past to such a great extent, why is it not feasible that it could be happening again, or at the least, could have been happening but due to fairly limited records, we have just started to notice it?

limblips

PREMO Member

I do believe man has had some impact but I don't believe the doomsayers. Before global warming, some areas of the earth were warm and some were colder, no different than now. Area climates change (as they have for millenia) regardless of global warming.

rmorse

I have no doubt that the earth is warming in spme places more than others.
But, I also have doubts as to the extent that this is caused by man.
Didnt the earth go through an Ice age in the past? and didnt the earth warm up again and end that ice age?
Can you prove at any level that the current trend is not a natrual cycle?
If it happened in the past to such a great extent, why is it not feasible that it could be happening again, or at the least, could have been happening but due to fairly limited records, we have just started to notice it?

I'm not here to debate whether or not man has caused it. My personal opinion (from my own research) is that these things go in waves and we're currently caught in a wave. While I do not believe that man is the driving force in this, I DO believe that we play some part in it. It's hard to make a compelling argument that we don't play any part in it. How big or how small is debateable, and I don't think we play that big a part in it.

rmorse

I do believe man has had some impact but I don't believe the doomsayers. Before global warming, some areas of the earth were warm and some were colder, no different than now. Area climates change (as they have for millenia) regardless of global warming.

Again, your argument was "We are having snow, lulz global warming can't exist." I believe that you were saying it tongue-in-cheek, but that's mostly because I don't want to believe that the common person actually thinks that the presence of blizzards voids the argument that global climate change is occurring.

bcp

In My Opinion
I think that time and effort is being wasted trying to slow down or reverse what may well be a natural cycle.
It might be better to start working on ways to exist in a warmer climate.

Some people always work on the wrong thing, then at the last second decide they should have been doing something else.

first thing I would think about doing is increasing horse power of combustion engine to allow for much bigger A/C units to cool the car while cruising for babes at the beach.