Outsourcing Jobs - Sparx?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SAN JOSE, Calif. - American technology workers riled by a congressional delegation's $165,000 trip to India say it amounted to little more than a junket promoting offshore outsourcing.

Nine congressmen, mainly pro-labor Democrats from California, New York and Georgia, took the all-expenses paid trip to India in January. Most took along spouses or legislative aides, and some individual tabs exceeded $10,000.

The Confederation of Indian Industries, a trade group that helps craft India's economic policies and fosters relationships between American and Indian companies, paid for hotels, meals and transportation

Link

Don't worry. They only let them pay for the trip because they were going to talk about Iraq only. That is why a trade group sponsored them. :rolleyes:

Sparx

Let's see how it shakes out. If they are truly promoting outsourcing jobs to off-shore locations the CA. voters will take care of it and the AFL-CIO will surely back off support for them.

Most people don't realise the labor movement will back anyone who supports workers rights Republican or Democrat. The reason Democrats get the most support is due to their voting records on workers issues.

Many lage union's supported regan and took it in the ass durring his administration. bush's labor record is even worse in a shorter time.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Sparx
Let's see how it shakes out. If they are truly promoting outsourcing jobs to off-shore locations the CA. voters will take care of it and the AFL-CIO will surely back off support for them.

It's good that you're open minded enough to give everyone a fair shot.

:rolleyes:

Toxick

Splat

Wow - I wish I had the time to sit down and read every single one of those documents.

Or... you could tell me what your point is.

My point was, if it was Bush - or any GOP - doing something like this, you'd be up his ass tied to a rake. You would be taking him to task and your foam flecked vitriol would be coating every vertical surface within earshot.

Of course, since your boys are doing it, "Well.... let's see how this plays out".

And I'm admiring your "open-mindedness" for giving them a fair shot.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Toxick
Wow - I wish I had the time to sit down and read every single one of those documents.

My point was, if it was Bush - or any GOP - doing something like this, you'd be up his ass tied to a rake. You would be taking him to task and your foam flecked vitriol would be coating every vertical surface within earshot.

Of course, since your boys are doing it, "Well.... let's see how this plays out".

And I'm admiring your "open-mindedness" for giving them a fair shot.
:killingme

Sparx

Didn't I already? Keep up!
Labor supports those that support workers issues.
REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT

Pete

Repete

REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT
Could you use the vast resources at the PAC you work at and list for me the Republican/Conservative candidates in the last 20 years that the AFL-CIO has supported? TIA

D

dems4me

REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT

:killingme: Hi Sparx!!!:cheers: :cheers: :dance:

Sparx

Originally posted by Pete
Could you use the vast resources at the PAC you work at and list for me the Republican/Conservative candidates in the last 20 years that the AFL-CIO has supported? TIA

What these Republicans are really worried about is getting re-elected. Most of the signees come from districts with a heavy union presence. Some are also heavily dependent on union cash: Chris Smith, John McHugh, Frank LoBiondo and Jack Quinn all received about half of their PAC money from Labor.

Spencer Bachus (Ala.)

Frank LoBiondo (N.J.)

Sherwood Boehlert (N.Y.)

John McHugh (N.Y.)

Lincoln Diaz-Balart (Fla.)

Tim Murphy (Pa.)

Jo Ann Emerson (Mo.)

Jack Quinn (N.Y.)

Phil English (Pa.)

Dennis Rehberg (Mont.)

Mike Ferguson (N.J.)

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.)

Mark Green (Wis.)

James Saxton (N.J.)

Amo Houghton (N.Y.)

John Shimkus (Ill.)

Timothy Johnson (Ill.)

Rob Simmons (Conn.)

Sue Kelly (N.Y.)

Chris Smith (N.J.)

Peter King (N.Y.)

John Sweeney (N.Y.)

Ray LaHood (Ill.)

James Walsh (N.Y.)

Steven LaTourette (Ohio

Curt Weldon (Pa.)

Jerry Lewis (Calif.)

Don Young (Alaska)

Source: Wall Street Journal article April 16

D

dems4me

What these Republicans are really worried about is getting re-elected. Most of the signees come from districts with a heavy union presence. Some are also heavily dependent on union cash: Chris Smith, John McHugh, Frank LoBiondo and Jack Quinn all received about half of their PAC money from Labor.

Spencer Bachus (Ala.)

Frank LoBiondo (N.J.)

Sherwood Boehlert (N.Y.)

John McHugh (N.Y.)

Tim Murphy (Pa.)

Jo Ann Emerson (Mo.)

Jack Quinn (N.Y.)

Phil English (Pa.)

Dennis Rehberg (Mont.)

Mike Ferguson (N.J.)

Mark Green (Wis.)

James Saxton (N.J.)

Amo Houghton (N.Y.)

John Shimkus (Ill.)

Timothy Johnson (Ill.)

Rob Simmons (Conn.)

Sue Kelly (N.Y.)

Chris Smith (N.J.)

Peter King (N.Y.)

John Sweeney (N.Y.)

Ray LaHood (Ill.)

James Walsh (N.Y.)

Steven LaTourette (Ohio

Curt Weldon (Pa.)

Jerry Lewis (Calif.)

Don Young (Alaska)

Source: Wall Street Journal article April 16

:popcorn:

Pete

Repete

Spencer Bachus (Ala.)

Frank LoBiondo (N.J.)

Sherwood Boehlert (N.Y.)

John McHugh (N.Y.)

Tim Murphy (Pa.)

Jo Ann Emerson (Mo.)

Jack Quinn (N.Y.)

Phil English (Pa.)

Dennis Rehberg (Mont.)

Mike Ferguson (N.J.)