‘obama is a master at limiting, shaping and manipu

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘OBAMA IS A MASTER AT LIMITING, SHAPING AND MANIPULATING MEDIA COVERAGE’: THE 10 MOST SCATHING REMARKS FROM POLITICO’S ANTI-OBAMA MEDIA COLUMN

If anyone asked you where those remarks came from, you’d likely say it was some conservative news outlet or blog. You might even say it was the rant of a Republican pundit.

But you would be wrong on all levels.

That quote is actually the opening line to a scathing, four-page column by Jim Vandehei and Mike Allen on Politico.

“Not for the reason that conservatives suspect: namely, that a liberal press willingly and eagerly allows itself to get manipulated,” the column continues, offering a defense for the press and placing full blame on the White House. “Instead, the mastery mostly flows from a White House that has taken old tricks for shaping coverage (staged leaks, friendly interviews) and put them on steroids using new ones (social media, content creation, precision targeting). And it’s an equal opportunity strategy: Media across the ideological spectrum are left scrambling for access.”

Interesting

glhs837

Power with Control
Interesting

Here's the piece i find most interesting.......

Conservatives assume a cozy relationship between this White House and the reporters who cover it. Wrong. Many reporters find Obama himself strangely fearful of talking with them and often aloof and cocky when he does. They find his staff needlessly stingy with information and thin-skinned about any tough coverage. He gets more-favorable-than-not coverage because many staffers are fearful of talking to reporters, even anonymously, and some reporters inevitably worry access or the chance of a presidential interview will decrease if they get in the face of this White House. ​[Emphasis added]

What gets me about this is the agencies refusal to shout this sort of thing from the rooftops and hold the WHs feet to the fire. Last time they did, about the number of Presidential press conferences, they did force a small change. Were they to exclaim this lack of transparency loudly enough, it might get some action

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Here's the piece i find most interesting.......

What gets me about this is the agencies refusal to shout this sort of thing from the rooftops and hold the WHs feet to the fire. Last time they did, about the number of Presidential press conferences, they did force a small change. Were they to exclaim this lack of transparency loudly enough, it might get some action

The first network to try that will be branded Raciss and hounded back into submission.