Where does SOMD Online stand on gun control?

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
Where does Southern Maryland Online stand on gun control and 2nd amendment rights?
Interesting that on the day before the Senate Judiciary Committee votes on the Governors’ knee jerk gun control bill (SB281) there are these articles on the home page instead of the local police reports we normally see.
STUDY: Areas with Higher Rates of Gun Ownership Have Higher Rates of Suicide - Southern Maryland Headline News
My Experience of Buying a Handgun in Md. - Southern Maryland Headline News
College Park Murder-Suicide Raises Questions About Gun Background Checks for Mentally Ill - Southern Maryland Headline News
Universities' Reassess Mental Health Services in Wake of Md. Shooting - Southern Maryland Headline News
Who is responsible Vrai? David? Someone else? Maybe I need to re-evaluate my use of somd.com if they’re against my right to own a gun(s). Interesting that as I was reading the homepage and these articles Larry was one of the featured sponsors. :shrug: If they’re against me I certainly won’t be patronizing any of their sponsors, and the ones that I usually do I’ll let them know why. I’ve been a member here for 10 years, use the e-mail service (somd.us) and generally enjoy the forums and news articles.

dave1959

What does their posting of certain articles have to do with their position. As a responsible media I would expect them to post all articles regaurdless of the admin's position.

So_what

What does their posting of certain articles have to do with their position. As a responsible media I would expect them to post all articles regaurdless of the admin's position.

Did you bother to read all of the articles? They all have an anti gun position, even the "I bought a gun in Maryland" was full of BS. Normally that section is filled with local police reports and local items of interest, not editorial type propaganda.

If SoMD.com was smart, they wouldn't openly post a stand. Individuals might, but not the organization. It would not serve their best interests to do so.

And you seem to infer that SoMD.com and Southern Maryland Headline News are the same. They are not.

So_what

If SoMD.com was smart, they wouldn't openly post a stand. Individuals might, but not the organization. It would not serve their best interests to do so.

And you seem to infer that SoMD.com and Southern Maryland Headline News are the same. They are not.

Let me make this real simple for you and all the others who don't know how to read. Go to the upper left corner of this page and click on the Maryland flag, or the link in my former post. It will take you to the "Southern Maryland Online" home page or click here: Southern Maryland Online™ - Your on-line community for Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's Counties.™
Following this so far? Now look down a little bit to the section titled "The Latest Local Headline News" The articles I've linked to are right there.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and there is a link to the latest (Hot Topics) on the forums.

Last edited:
You are dumber than a pile of rocks. It's news releases. It's fed to them. They don't create it or make judgement on it.

It's called unbiased reporting.

So_what

You are dumber than a pile of rocks. It's news releases. It's fed to them. They don't create it or make judgement on it.

Did you even read my original post and comprehend it skippy? Not very "unbiased" on the day before one of the biggest votes on gun control in the state.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Let me make this real simple for you and all the others who don't know how to read. Go to the upper left corner of this page and click on the Maryland flag, or the link in my former post. It will take you to the "Southern Maryland Online" home page or click here: Southern Maryland Online™ - Your on-line community for Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's Counties.™
Following this so far? Now look down a little bit to the section titled "The Latest Local Headline News" The articles I've linked to are right there.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and there is a link to the latest (Hot Topics) on the forums.

Why so nasty?

MMDad

Lem Putt

Unbiased reporting presents both sides of an argument. Biased reporting only reports one side. The news portion the MPD is referencing is biased in that it only shows one side of the argument. If it were unbiased, they would at least present articles that present a differing viewpoint.

When you make an inane post, then are called on it, always dig in your heels and double down. Never, ever, make the mistake of admitting you were wrong, even when your own posts state that they were completely different .... Pretend you are infallible and everyone will soon believe that you are.

:biggrin:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Vrai loves the constitution and she is especially fond of the 1st and 2nd amendment. I'm pretty sure David is a big fan of freedom too.

So_what

Vrai loves the constitution and she is especially fond of the 1st and 2nd amendment. I'm pretty sure David is a big fan of freedom too.

So who’s to blame for the coincidence? :shrug:
I've known Vrai for many years but only know David by name