What a terrible way to go......

DEEKAYPEE8569

bcp

In My Opinion
some of the tire repair additives can also cause an explosion when the tire is broken down.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm pretty sure no current products still use that. I know that one backyard mechanic trick to seat a stubborn tire is to spray propane into the gap and toss a match in....

but even normal inflation done wrong can kill.......

Tire Explosion Video.mov - YouTube

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I heard the explosion, and saw the results immediately about 37 years ago while working as a part-time tire buster in a Montgomery Ward Auto Center in 1976

Two more-experienced-than-I workers were struggling with a split rim wheel a few bays down when it exploded on them, nearly killing both. One had half his face literally ripped off, and both suffered severe internal injuries.

Scary, for sure. Some physicists have have estimated that those tires have enough explosive power to hurl a 16 lb bowling ball about half a mile.

Workers killed while servicing tires - YouTube

Tires ain't pretty, but you have to have 'em.

bcp

In My Opinion
Itty-bitty, teeny tiny ones.

I still have them sticking off the side tread on my tires.. I think they are what causes the humming of the tires that you can hear a half mile from the house.

BOP

I still have them sticking off the side tread on my tires.. I think they are what causes the humming of the tires that you can hear a half mile from the house.

So much for sneaking home in the wee hours.

:whistle: