TSA Reportedly Detains Wheelchair-Bound 3-Year-Old

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TSA Reportedly Detains Wheelchair-Bound 3-Year-Old Girl, Orders Parents Not to Videotape Pat-Down

A TSA agent told the family that they needed to pat down Lucy and swab her wheelchair. The family had already made it through a security checkpoint by this time. Forck’s wife, Annie, pulled out her camera and began filming the incident, which agents told her was “illegal.”

“You can’t touch my daughter unless I record it,” she can be heard telling an agent in the video. Forck then asked an agent to “cite the law” that says they can’t videotape them.

After refusing to stop filming agents patting down her 3-year-old child, the Forck family was soon reportedly surrounded by TSA agents, with one guarding Lucy personally.

That’s when the “alarm bells” really started going off for Forck, who is an attorney and knew it was perfectly legal to videotape the TSA agents.

“It’s your worst nightmare,” he said. “It’s bad enough they are demanding they want to pat down my child and didn’t want me to videotape it.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'I don't want to go to Disney World anymore': Parents' fury as TSA agents detain their crying wheelchair-bound daughter, THREE, and confiscate her stuffed animal

• Forck family was flying from Missouri to Orlando, Florida for vacation
  • Three-year-old daughter, Lucy, was detained for further testing ahead of family's February 8 flight
  • Stuffed animal 'Lamby' was confiscated
  • Lucy suffers from spinal bifida and is in a wheelchair
  • TSA later admitted girl should never have been threatened with patdown

The parents of a toddler with spinal bifida are outraged after TSA officials forced their daughter to undergo a series of additional security measures ahead of their flight to Disney World.

Nathan and Annie Forck were flying out of their home state of Missouri on a February 8 flight bound for Orlando, Florida with their wheelchair-bound daughter Lucy and their two other children.

Mrs Forck took a six-minute video detailing their toddler’s cries as she said through tears that she didn’t want to go to Disney World anymore, and is claiming the TSA discriminates against people who use mobility devices.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Of course this is only an issue when it happens to a disabled child in a wheelchair or an elite politician or a doosh bag from Hollyweird. I wish there had been more outrage since 2001.

MarieB

Yet they are not supposed to profile those of middle eastern decent?

I wonder if this was a smaller, Podunk airport. I flew through Kansas City with my son several years ago. You have to leave the secured area in that airport to get any decent food. (We had a layover) When I went back through security, I had to take him out of the stroller, take off his coat, take off his socks and shoes, etc etc. it was really ridiculous after a certain point they just stood there watching me struggle too with luggage, bag, him, the stroller, etc

The opposite spectrum - I flew to Mexico a couple of weeks after 911. They frisked some older couple with straw hats at the gate, yet they let some young guy through who was carrying a diaper bag and had no accompanying child without any additional check

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
Of course this is only an issue when it happens to a disabled child in a wheelchair or an elite politician or a doosh bag from Hollyweird. I wish there had been more outrage since 2001.

You realize that if you argue with these perverts, you might well end up being arrested by them.
In their mind, the only reason to argue is if you are hiding something.

What needs to happen is for some group to all purchase tickets on the same flight, then when TSA starts to get out of hand, everyone just beat the hell out of the agents, strip them naked then parade them around the airport.
Maybe not the parade around the airport part, there could be children that dont need to see that.
but, maybe strip them, and take their clothing so they have to wait in some undisclosed room until someone brings them something to wear.