Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wetsuits

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    What size are you? I have a surf suit (high collar, back zipper, one piece full length) that I've had for years, I think it's a men's med or large. Way too small for me anymore.

You're welcome to it to try/keep.
    5' 6.5" (I always say 5'7") & in an 8. The issue with men's anything is breast room. I was having issues with life vests for that reason. Having your girls smashed to the point of discomfort is not fun.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    5' 6.5" (I always say 5'7") & in an 8. The issue with men's anything is breast room. I was having issues with life vests for that reason. Having your girls smashed to the point of discomfort is not fun.
    Height-wise is OK. I thought about "the girls" but thought it impolite to ask that...

Anyway, yours if you want to look at it or use it. It's fairly thin, so it does stretch easily.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Height-wise is OK. I thought about "the girls" but thought it impolite to ask that...

Anyway, yours if you want to look at it or use it. It's fairly thin, so it does stretch easily.
    I ended up getting one at Sea Dive Inc. I don't know how long they have been around but they are next to Laughing Buddha in Solomon. Mike, I guess he is the owner, was very patient with me. I had to not only try this form fitting suit on but he had to make sure it fit... so out the dressing room I came feeling like a sleeze and do a twirl around... but hey... I can now go out on the water now which we are doing tomorrow. My poor husband took trying on a wetsuit much harder than I did. He said he felt like he was a Buddha in his wetsuit and kept whining how it wasn't very flattering to see himself in it.... so the guys got to talking about how much they used to weigh. He got one so he can go out on the water also.

This place also has scuba classes. Sea Dive

I ended up getting one at Sea Dive Inc. I don't know how long they have been around but they are next to Laughing Buddha in Solomon. Mike, I guess he is the owner, was very patient with me. I had to not only try this form fitting suit on but he had to make sure it fit... so out the dressing room I came feeling like a sleeze and do a twirl around... but hey... I can now go out on the water now which we are doing tomorrow. My poor husband took trying on a wetsuit much harder than I did. He said he felt like he was a Buddha in his wetsuit and kept whining how it wasn't very flattering to see himself in it.... so the guys got to talking about how much they used to weigh. He got one so he can go out on the water also.

This place also has scuba classes. Sea Dive
    Sea Dive has been there for a very long time.

Have fun tomorrow!
    The Brain

5. 05-04-2013, 08:22 AM

Sea Dive has been there for a very long time.

Have fun tomorrow!
    He seemed pretty established with customers - phone ringing, walk-ins... tanks around for refilling.

It will be so wonderful to get out today!!! Of course, at the moment it is a bit too cold so we are gonna wait a few more hours. I am so glad I didn't order one online because it wouldn't have fit so being able to try one on in person saved me a great deal of hassle.

Dry Suit

Unless you are going to take some lesson on wearing a dry suit DO NOT buy one. They an be very dangerous and even get you killed if you do not know what you are doing.
    If you know what you are doing then they are great but untill you TAKE SOME LESSONS FROM A PROFESSIONAL, stay away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by dan0623_2000 View Post
    Unless you are going to take some lesson on wearing a dry suit DO NOT buy one. They an be very dangerous and even get you killed if you do not know what you are doing.
    If you know what you are doing then they are great but untill you TAKE SOME LESSONS FROM A PROFESSIONAL, stay away from them.
    I bought a wetsuit and was very comfortable out over the weekend. The water was cold and I did feel it go in my suit a little (3mm) but it was just a few seconds of cold - otherwise I was very comfortable... well, my teeth got cold but I couldn't help but smile.... but why the warning on a dry suit? You have to explain this like I'm 6 years old, BTW.

I bought a wetsuit and was very comfortable out over the weekend. The water was cold and I did feel it go in my suit a little (3mm) but it was just a few seconds of cold - otherwise I was very comfortable... well, my teeth got cold but I couldn't help but smile.... but why the warning on a dry suit? You have to explain this like I'm 6 years old, BTW.
    Depending on the make/model of the dry suit, it might have attached feet. If you turn over head down, the air rises, fills your feet and you panic attempting to turn back over. Even if it doesn't have feet, the legs can fill up with air.

I much prefer a wet suit. I've used dry suits in the middle of winter in New England, but was always too warm. I'd peel the suit off and I'd be soaked to the skin, but from sweat, not the water.
    The Brain

Depending on the make/model of the dry suit, it might have attached feet. If you turn over head down, the air rises, fills your feet and you panic attempting to turn back over. Even if it doesn't have feet, the legs can fill up with air.

I much prefer a wet suit. I've used dry suits in the middle of winter in New England, but was always too warm. I'd peel the suit off and I'd be soaked to the skin, but from sweat, not the water.
    Okay, I know jack about diving. That said, I would rather wear a dry suit and be sweat-soaked/hyperthermic while in freezing water than soaked to the bone and shivering uncontrollably/hypothermic. JMO
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.