Parents Behaving Badly...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Took the girl to Ryken today so she could watch her boyfriend play basketball. Four parents came :thisclose: to duking it out in the stands over air horns (that's what it looked like). Game was actually halted about a minute to break it up and move some the offending parents to another location. It was also very nice to do this right in front of the cheerleaders and scare some of them into tears. Nice.

Who knew that youth basketball could be so exciting. :rolleyes:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Air horns should be banned from indoor sports. And those parents should be banned from returning.

FED_UP

Took the girl to Ryken today so she could watch her boyfriend play basketball. Four parents came :thisclose: to duking it out in the stands over air horns (that's what it looked like). Game was actually halted about a minute to break it up and move some the offending parents to another location. It was also very nice to do this right in front of the cheerleaders and scare some of them into tears. Nice.

Ridiculous, there are things you just don't do in front of the kids unless your an ignorant parent.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay:

It's simply stunning to see how ignorant some adult people can be about their kids participating in sports events. :helicopterparents:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Wait... boyfriend??? :faint:

All these kids are growing up too fast.

The worst behavior I've ever seen from parents is at sporting events. My son's team played a school in Calvert that is known to always win. They brought cow bells, rang them and shouted all sorts of ignorant comments the entire game.

Of course, this caused us to act up and believe me when I say, we were so happy our boys beat them. :biggrin

thurley42

HY;FR
When I was in high school I used to umpire pee wee girls up to pony league boys baseball softball. I don't know how many times parents cussed and threatened myself and others.

I was 16. First time I was able to drive myself to a game. It was pee wee girls (7-8) softball. One team run ruled the other and the coaches asked if we could play the game out so others could get some playing time. We played 8 innings, the games were 5. Well at any rate, I was in the field and called the batter out at first on an easy call. This dad comes sprinting out on to the field and got in my face saying how dare I call his daughter out. I probably didn't help the situation pointing out how idiotic he was but he threatened me and started to follow me to my car. The parks director was on the next field and saw it all. Needless to say the ass was banned for the year and had to go to anger management or something to prove he was capable of acting like an adult before coming back.

When I was in high school I used to umpire pee wee girls up to pony league boys baseball softball. I don't know how many times parents cussed and threatened myself and others.

I was 16. First time I was able to drive myself to a game. It was pee wee girls (7-8) softball. One team run ruled the other and the coaches asked if we could play the game out so others could get some playing time. We played 8 innings, the games were 5. Well at any rate, I was in the field and called the batter out at first on an easy call. This dad comes sprinting out on to the field and got in my face saying how dare I call his daughter out. I probably didn't help the situation pointing out how idiotic he was but he threatened me and started to follow me to my car. The parks director was on the next field and saw it all. Needless to say the ass was banned for the year and had to go to anger management or something to prove he was capable of acting like an adult before coming back.

And this is why, after umpiring baseball in SMC for 15 years, I finally called it quits. I really got sick and tired of putting up with the moronic parents.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Air horns should be banned from indoor sports. And those parents should be banned from returning.
I agree. It probably didn't help that a Mom yanked it out of his mouth, as he was sitting behind her.
Least it was high school and not pee-wee.
Youth league.
:yay:

It's simply stunning to see how ignorant some adult people can be about their kids participating in sports events. :helicopterparents:
I know it!
Wait... boyfriend??? :faint:

All these kids are growing up too fast.

The worst behavior I've ever seen from parents is at sporting events. My son's team played a school in Calvert that is known to always win. They brought cow bells, rang them and shouted all sorts of ignorant comments the entire game.

Of course, this caused us to act up and believe me when I say, we were so happy our boys beat them. :biggrin

I know! They are always chaperoned. :lol:

RPMDAD

Will never forget when my son was in little league Cal. Co. went to a game one time and the ump didn't show up. People begged me to ump it so the game wouldn't be cancelled, i absolutely said no way in hell. They suckered another dad to do it. By the time the game was over, both teams parents were #####ing at this poor guy. Took him aside and told him he did the best job he could and tried to help protect him from pi$$ed off parents from both teams. All he thought he was doing was trying to do them a favor. Bet he never umped another game.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Can you believe that we will be going to LHS for open house on Tuesday? :faint:

I know. It just seems like yesterday she was riding in a car seat (and occasionally catching flies! :lol: ) and she's now a teenager. Time flies.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Not sure if that is what is was, I was across the gym when it happened.

Thanks! ^What I said above.

And you bet! Can you believe that we will be going to LHS for open house on Tuesday? :faint:

Thing2 will be graduating next June! :jameo:

The "separation process" has begun. Boy, oh boy. :bawl: