Oscars

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:howdy: ONLY because I wanted to see the tribute to 50 years of Bond. :hot:

But, :yawn: I may not make it if they don't show it soon.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

They'll probably wait until late to do that. I never stay up for all of it, just thought the beginning wasn't that great.

Lilypad

Either there was a power outage and I missed it or, it never happened. Shirley Bassey sang Goldfinger and Adele sang Skyfall later in the show; but where were the Bond guys??? What a disappointment. :cds:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Argo? :bs: A good movie but filled with severe historical inaccuracies. Lincoln was way better IMO.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They'll probably wait until late to do that. I never stay up for all of it, just thought the beginning wasn't that great.

Eh. I laughed at some of it, but it was kind of flat for the most part.

Either there was a power outage and I missed it or, it never happened. Shirley Bassey sang Goldfinger and Adele sang Skyfall later in the show; but where were the Bond guys??? What a disappointment. :cds:
I saw Dame Bassey, and thought she was great- but the film montage behind her was "the tribute". A total flop and a reminder why I don't usually watch these things anyway. :yawn:

Fell asleep and missed Adele, so I'll Google it if I remember later.

Just wondered why I saw Michelle Obama this morning presenting the award for Best Picture (?) with the military behind her? Ok by me if they want to have the First Lady on their award show - but what's up with the military in dress uniform in the backdrop? I hate when they use the military as props gratuitously.